Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2014, 08:33 PM   #1

Forest River Owners Club
UPS Mailbox Service

If you are using UPS Mailbox Service and decide to cancel the service and return to an actual physical address, you need to be aware that the US Postal Service will NOT forward your mail to your new address. In fact, in the fine print of your UPS Mailbox Service agreement, you agree not to submit a forwarding order with USPS when you terminate the UPS Mailbox Service.
The only ways to continue to get your mail, would be to pay UPS to forward your mail for a period of time, or to notify every correspondent of your new address. (and hope you don't miss any)
I found this out the hard way, guess I should have read the fine print. The US Postal Service actually sent me a confirmation of my mail forwarding, but I found out that was incorrect and my mail was being returned as undeliverable, or in some cases, destroyed.
tbraeunig is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2014, 11:47 PM   #2

Good to know.

Thanks
BTCS
markandkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:05 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I believe that's true of any mail forwarding service (CMRA), per USPS regs. See DMM 508 Recipient Services section 1.8, and 1.8.3 specifically.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:52 AM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDiver View Post
I believe that's true of any mail forwarding service (CMRA), per USPS regs. See DMM 508 Recipient Services section 1.8, and 1.8.3 specifically.

When I no longer needed my mail forwarding service, I kept it open for months and sent change of address notices to each sender as I received mail via my mail forwarding service.

When the mail stopped arriving from the service, I closed the account.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:28 AM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
The USPS will not forward mail if you have been having your mail forwarded to a business (RV Park is considered a business address). You have to go back to the original mail forward where you had it forwarded to the RV Park and change that forward to a new address.

I had to leave a couple of postage paid envelopes at the RV Park to have any mail I had missed forwarded to my new mail forwarding service.

By the way you mention both the post office and UPS. Did you mean UPS (United Parcel Service) or USPS (US Postal Service)? I was somewhat confused on that point when reading your original post.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:48 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medico View Post
By the way you mention both the post office and UPS. Did you mean UPS (United Parcel Service) or USPS (US Postal Service)? I was somewhat confused on that point when reading your original post.
His current CMRA (mail service) is a UPS Store location. The USPS won't forward mail addressed to that location.

Tags
service