Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2006, 01:41 PM   #15

You passed within 8 miles of my house when you came in on Hwy 66.

I read you're email before I read this. Now I know where you're staying.

Maybe we can hookup sometime while you're here.

I'm 54 and the DW is 50. I was able to retire she is not. However, we have what we feel will get us along during our full timing years. We too will do some workamping but next year.

We do have some volunteer positions lined up for the fall and into the winter.

I left you my cell phone number on the email I sent you.

Talk to you soon.

'06 Jeep Liberty Limited
dlhaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2007, 07:59 AM   #16

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
By the date it appears you have been on the road for some time now. How is the service from St. Brendans working? did you use their vehicle reg service?
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:43 AM   #17

BDABall,

I think you were asking me the question. Were you?

Anyway, we contracted St. Brenden's Isle in April of 2006. We are very pleased with their service.

We visited their facility early on and saw how clean and orderly it was.

We can call or email them to forward our mail. If the forwarding address is other than a P.O. Box they will choose either FedEx, DHL or UPS - whichever charges less - unless I specify. To a P.O. Box, of course, they send U.S. Mail.

They will overnight your mail if needed. Otherwise, they send via ground service or Priority.

St. Brenden's Isle began (as I recall) as a service to those who traveled extensively by boat and those who lived aboard their vessels. So, diversifying into the RV world was a natural for them.

By the way, I have them forward only first class mail and RV related magazines. They cull out all my junk mail and former industry related magazines.

We recommend them highly.

Fulltimers! - Currently in Gainesville, FL - working as Webmaster & Special Projects Manager
Digital Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:51 AM   #18

Oops! Didn't see your 2nd question.

Since we were close by (in JAX) we stopped in and picked up their paperwork to: (a) register the car and RV in Clay County (was Alachua County) and to change our Voter's Registration to Green Cove Springs, Clay County, as well.

By the way, Since our 1st workcamping experience in TN at Dollywood, we spent 3 winter months at the Barstow/Calico KOA in CA. This summer we're working at Eastern Long Island Kampground in Greenport, NY.

Fulltimers! - Currently in Gainesville, FL - working as Webmaster & Special Projects Manager
Digital Boy is offline   Reply With Quote