RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-02-2019, 06:08 AM   #1

What clubs and associations work best for you

There are a lot of discount clubs and groups out there for RVrs, like AllStay, Passport, Good Sam. I was wondering, as a Full-Timer, what clubs do you find work best for you?

thanks

DMacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2019, 12:24 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Best for us: Good Sam, Passport America, Harvest Hosts, KOA but we try to avoid these.

momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 03:59 PM   #3

Escapees was our best choice; not only for their discount park directory but for getting involved with various groups of like interests and meeting up time after time. We met many good lasting friends through this Club. We also used their owned parks and co-ops as we traveled.... very friendly.

We used Passport America if needed a cheap campground while traveling for a one-night stay.

Mostly, we boondocked free on public lands - national forest, BLM.
twogypsies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 09:33 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
FMCA w/Med Assist & RSA-Towing
PassPort American
Retired Military
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 09:40 PM   #5

As a member of the Fraternal Order of Elks, we find many cities have Elks Clubs and about half of those in the western states have RV parks. Many cost as little as $15 per night. Eagles Aeries also have RV parks at some locations as do Moose Lodges. There may be other fraternal organizations like these, but these are the ones I belong to.
bucks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 10:34 PM   #6

bucks2 have you stayed at an Elks Lodge recently? When I first joined a couple of years ago most were charging about $20 to $25 a night for electric only spaces in the parking lot. Reciently most are charging $30to $35 a night for electric only. For that price I can stay at a private campground with full hookups.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 09:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTiger View Post
bucks2 have you stayed at an Elks Lodge recently? When I first joined a couple of years ago most were charging about $20 to $25 a night for electric only spaces in the parking lot. Reciently most are charging $30to $35 a night for electric only. For that price I can stay at a private campground with full hookups.
Hmmmm..... Here's my experience from my trip to AZ from WA last month. On Oct 8 I stayed at 7 Feathers with GS and players card discounts for $63. On Oct 9 we were at Red Bluff Elks for $15 (W,E30), 10th at Fresno Elks for $20 (W, E30) and 11th and 12th at Lake Havasu Elks for $25 (W, S, E50) per night.

Looking in the check book I see we were at the Page Elks for $20 (W, E50), Mountain Home Elks for $15 (W, E50, D onsite), Provo Utah Elks for $20 (W, S, E50), and The Dalles OR Eagles for $20 (W, E50) on our trip home last spring.

Your mileage may vary, but I've been very happy.
bucks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 05:12 PM   #8

Well there are some good one out there for sure. We have 1000 trails, Passport America, Harvest Host. All three are good. 1000 trails is expensive but is the one we use the most and saves us the most. We have not paid for a campsite in over two months with 1000 trails. Full hook ups with amenities for 21 nights per park. Passport America is like $50 if I remember. Limited dates and length of stays but nice parks. 50% discount. Harvest Host is nice but is my least favorite. Not sure what you will get when you get there. You can be put on some very unlevel ground. Very unlevel ground. Its has "free stays" for one night, BUT you gotta buy something once you get there. Our experience is we would spend more per night at a HH than if we would have stayed at a CG. But we did get some nice goods. HH have stays for one night only at place like farms wineries museums and golf courses. Its free but it will cost you. Membership about $50 yearly
TOO LONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:18 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Without a doubt, Escapees and Elks have worked the best for us in our 26 years of owning and traveling in a motorhome. We're now on our 7th year full timing since our retirement in 2002. We've tried the other clubs but usually dropped them after 2-3 years. We now have a lot at the Escapee Co-Op in Benson, AZ. Spend 6 months there and 6 months traveling.

super_rep is online now   Reply With Quote