Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Full-Timers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2018, 11:54 PM   #43

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDrider View Post
Yup, there is one in Jefferson Oregon. It's simply called "Mail Forwarding Services". Been using them for over 5 years now with no hick-ups.
We've also been using them for a few years. Great service, no issues, highly recommend if needing an Oregon address. Jefferson is outside of any emissions requirements for vehicles which is a huge bonus.
Frantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2018, 05:09 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by whciv View Post
Anyone use iPostal1? We already live in Texas now and want to keep our mail in the local area where we live now. iPostal1 is an option with a local mail forwarder.

No but we did use a UPS store in DFW for a few years before we switched to SKP Livingston. We had good service but there were issues trying to renew my CHL as they didn’t like that physical address. No issues with the Escapee address.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:17 PM   #45
RV LIFE Support Team

Be aware the UPS stores are franchises and sometimes close down.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 12:12 AM   #46

Maintaining WA residency is fairly straightforward. Details here: https://dor.wa.gov/contact-us/washin...ncy-definition

"The Department of Revenue presumes that a person is a resident of this state if he or she does any of the following:
  • Lives in a motor home or vessel which is not permanently attached to any property if the person previously lived in this state and does not have a permanent residence in any other state;
  • ..."
However, for the purposes of voting in WA, we found it necessary to use a "friends/family" address of someone with residency in WA. This is because the WA Secretary of State's office said that if we used a PMB in WA (which is often something like a UPS store) and an elections auditor realized a bunch of people had registered to vote out of that address (e.g. there's no way all those people live in a UPS store), they could reject your voter registration.

The process is still probably easier if you choose a PMB service, such as Traveling Mailbox, with an address in WA, but we went a slightly different direction because we will eventually change our domicile to FL.

So, here's what we are doing:
  • Hiring a private mail box (PMB) service in FL, where we will eventually wind up anyway (St. Brendan's Isle).
  • Using a friends/family address in WA (with their permission) for the purpose of drivers' license and voter registration addresses.
  • Setting our mailing addresses for ballots, vehicle registration and everything else to our FL-based PMB service.
  • When we're ready to establish FL domicile late this year (probably after the fall mid-term elections), we'll ask our PMB service, which also offers domicile support, to help us get that done.
Rocinante440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:15 PM   #47

We use a mail service in Florida called St. Brendan's Isle. And Florida is where we've set up as our domicile state.
Dmrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 02:08 AM   #48

What if you don't live in Livingston, & you're using the Escapee's mail service, & you get a jury summons?
Old 06-20-2019, 06:06 AM   #49
RV LIFE Support Team

You just call them up and tell them your an Escapee and not available. Same as in any other state.

RV LIFE Support Team
Old 06-24-2019, 04:35 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
You just call them up and tell them your an Escapee and not available. Same as in any other state.
I was aware that you could tell them that you are not available. I thought that if you had a jury summons, that, unless you had an excuse from a doctor, etc., you had to show up.

I would like to think that I could just say that I am "not available", and that THAT would be sufficient, but that just seems too good to be true.

I'm not sure that the court system would know what an Escapee is. (Or, that they might get the wrong idea.)
Old 06-24-2019, 04:38 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxxi View Post
I was aware that you could tell them that you are not available. I thought that if you had a jury summons, that, unless you had an excuse from a doctor, etc., you had to show up.

I would like to think that I could just say that I am "not available", and that THAT would be sufficient, but that just seems too good to be true.

I'm not sure that the court system would know what an Escapee is. (Or, that they might get the wrong idea.)
Sorry, I meant to say that I was NOT aware that you could tell them...
Old 06-24-2019, 04:40 PM   #52

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:

If it's the local Polk county court, they know all about Escapees and you will have no problem getting a deferral. If you somehow get summoned for state or federal court (probably in Houston), then it's a different matter.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:49 PM   #53
RV LIFE Support Team

The odds of a call ar slim to none anyway. I think in 55 years I have been called once, when we were away. Didn't know about it until we got home and found the notice taped to the do or, months later.

If you ae over a certain age, not sure what, you can be excused from summons permantly.

I never heard of anyone needing a doctors note or anything. If you are in China on a trip or work and receive a summons I don't think they expect you to fly home for a day.

RV LIFE Support Team
Old 06-24-2019, 04:51 PM   #54
RV LIFE Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDiver View Post
If it's the local Polk county court, they know all about Escapees and you will have no problem getting a deferral. If you somehow get summoned for state or federal court (probably in Houston), then it's a different matter.

Houston is 1.5-2 hours away, I don't think they would expect you to commute that distanc for a day or longer.

RV LIFE Support Team
Old 06-24-2019, 05:50 PM   #55

Quote:

Yes, it's true. You just say you're out of town. They understand Escapees fully.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:43 PM   #56

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
What if you don't live in Livingston, & you're using the Escapee's mail service, & you get a jury summons?
If you are registered to vote and have a DL listing Livingston as your address (that's where they get the jury rolls) then you call the number on the summons and let them know that you are traveling - - they expect that and ask that if you are in town to give them a call, which I have done, to see if they need you.

Polk County governmental offices know all about fulltimers, makes things so much easier. One of the reasons we're Escapees.

Also, if you are over 70, you just mail the form back to them with excuse from further jury duty because you are over 70.
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
full time