Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2005, 09:12 AM   #1

Is there anything better than free living in the desert???
Warm days, cool (but not cold) nights, plenty of sunshine for the solar panels, beautiful surroundings, peace and quiet...
Happy Holidays folks!
Doggie
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2005, 09:12 AM   #2

Is there anything better than free living in the desert???
Warm days, cool (but not cold) nights, plenty of sunshine for the solar panels, beautiful surroundings, peace and quiet...
Happy Holidays folks!
Doggie
Old 12-16-2005, 09:43 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Any wind or dust???

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:30 PM   #4

"Any wind or dust???"

I guess it depends on where you are -- and when -- Tom. Some places are windier than others and some places are dustier. It was pretty windy here yesterday but there was no dust blowing around my rig.
Today is gorgeous.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:32 PM   #5

Doogie,

its going to be 70 digrees for christmas, what a holiday were going camping around the first week in jan..
where ya staying right now...
Old 12-17-2005, 05:21 AM   #6

Hi Dean & Barb. I'm down by Yuma now. It's a few degrees warmer than up by Quartzsite, and it's 80 miles closer to Mexico.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:39 AM   #7

Hey Doggie: I was going to ask you when you were coming down; you are already here.

Are you at 'Gilligan's Island'? That is a small strip of BLM land north of Yuma near the Yuma Lakes RV park. That is where I stay while in the Yuma area, at least til they throw me out for being there for more than 2 weeks.

I am into lots of new things here in New River, AZ on the back 20 of a friend: Ku-band satellite TV, log periodic antennas, add on shelves on the back of the MH, HDTV and Progressive scan, 720x480 JVC camcorder (writes to a micro hard drive and SD memory card) and low pressure sodium vapor lights.....

I am going to Quartzsite before the end of the year and will be located in what is called "Magic Circle" in LTVA South. Maybe I will meet you in Quartzsite?

David/zetron
zetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 06:17 AM   #8

Hi David. I am not at Gilligan's island. I'm actually in CA right now by Pilot Knob. I really like Quartzsite, and have some friends there, but it gets way too crowded for me in Jan. & Feb.
I joined the GPAA and Weaver Mining District this year and as soon as my Gold Bug 2 gets back from the factory I'll be combing the hills for nuggets. Right now I am educating myself in the finer points of prospecting and learning how to identify mineral specimens. When it starts to warm up again I'll start migrating north.
Happy Holidays!
Old 12-22-2005, 05:10 PM   #9

I need to learn how to use my Wite's gold detector. Maybe I will run into you at Quartzsite or Yuma.

David
zetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 03:11 PM   #10

We were at Imperial Dam LTVA (near Yuma)a few days ago. Pretty nice area.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 01:36 PM   #11

We like to camp at Bonds Corner It is on IID land so it is free also Lots of good fishing and doing nothing!

San Diego
nobuggybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 05:04 PM   #12

Its almost time again! temps are on there way down in the Desert

San Diego
Old 09-12-2006, 04:11 PM   #13

[QUOTE]Originally posted by nobuggybob:
Its almost time again!

Where do folks from San Diego travel to in fall and winter?
We plan on Fla. for this winter,so will miss Az. and Ca.
I am wondering how the handling is on your MACA
3778...We have the same coach and handling has been a problem.
Our front end alignment has been checked,and we had a Koni steering damper and Davis Tru Track installed on the front..No noticeable difference,so our next step is a Roadmaster rear anti-sway bar...

3778 W24
paulmarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:26 PM   #14

Just got off the phone with the dealer. Its in the shop for the handling problem He called newmar and workhorse on a threeway call and they said with that much overhang you must set the front end to 5 deg. insted of 3 deg. Will pick up in afew days and I will let you know how it drives

San Diego