Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:41 PM   #15
Ok, I put the absorb charge time back to 3 hours in the Magnum charger settings. I changed the amp hr (P3) setting back to 870 ah in the Trimetric 2030. I think the P2 setting should be 1.12 instead of 2 so it doesn't show 100 % full until the amps are around 10? Is this correct?

Today, I discharged the batteries to -192 ah, and it showed to be 79% charged and 11.9 volts under load. I isolated the batteries and checked with volt meter and got a reading of 12.3 v after around 5 minutes. This makes me alot more comfortable now that I understand a little more about it and have more usable amp hours to work with.

Thanks for eveyone's help and input on this issue.

RPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2015, 08:51 PM   #16
Smitty77, I would like to get more info on your solar set up, equipment type , install info, including how you ran wires thru the roof. (Pics)
I would like to install solar, but still doing research...

RPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:49 AM   #17
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Voltage charts are at resting state and at the battery terminals.

Any load will reduce the voltage.. any connections that are less than perfect (Which means welded) will reduce the voltage

Any length of wire smaller n cross section than your leg will reduce the voltage Even a wire as big around as your waist will reduce voltage (only you won't be able to measure the reduction).

The Tri-Metric shunt will reduce voltage. (50mV at max current).

Does this help?

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote