Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2018, 11:41 AM   #1

Anyone know if the Wen 56200i 2000 watt generator has the fuel pump like honda does?

I'm hoping to use an extended run fuel tank setup for our Wen 56200i...the Honda 2000 watt has some type of internal/vacuum fuel pump so I can get it to feed properly without having to worry about gravity fed style?

Thank you kindly for any advice,

Donnie
uraceulose is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2018, 12:17 PM   #2

I downloaded the manual and looked it over.

The gas tank sits above the carburator so it won't need a pump. Honda gas tanks are partionally below the carb.

The parts list make no mention of a fuel pump.

I would say it does not have a fuel pump.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 12:25 PM   #3

Thank you so much for the reply. Do you happen to know there is any type of suction/vacuum that would allow gas to be drawn up and out of a gas can maybe 2-3 feet and down into the fuel tank of the generator if I sealed up the vented portion of the gas cap so it is not vented then used the vent on the extended run gas can to pull the gas in that way?

If I have to, I'll just put it on a milk crate or something next to the generator but trying to find a way to get the fuel to feed into it without having to depend on gravity if possible.
Old 11-11-2018, 02:38 PM   #4

Or how about does anyone know what size/hp rating pulse style vacuum fuel pump I could use?

Thinking of tapping into the manifold for vacuum and running a Tee fitting on the fuel feed/return lines to feed the generator that way?

The fuel pumps that I’m finding online seem to be rated for 17-25 hp and the info I found on the wen 56200i shows more like 2 hp. Do you guys think it would be okay to run thr higher hp rated pump on the 2000 watt generator?
I plan to also run a parallel kit to power my ac unit in the summer time.

Thanks for any help or pointers

Donnie
Old 11-11-2018, 02:47 PM   #5

look for a pulse type pump from a Chinese 50cc scooter.......you can buy a solid fuel cap on Amazon or Ebay, with a pipe type to hose nipple in it......trick is to have the Honda gen fuel tank full to the brim, or, adding a short 2 inch standpipe inside the cap.....i came up with a remote shut off for the Honda 2000i type gennies so no need to go out to turn them off...with the fuel cap, no need for a pump.....just need to start out with full tank..........the factory vented caps are to hard to seal up to use
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 02:50 PM   #6

Thank you!

I don’t understand what you mean by remote shut off?
Doesn’t the generator automatically power down when it’s not being used to charge the batteries when in eco mode? It’s a wen 56200i not the Honda eu2200 that I’m looking to run on extended fuel tank.
Old 11-11-2018, 02:54 PM   #7

This is all internal and uses a fob to operateClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181104_110623652.jpeg
Views:	144
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	225651........yellow wire disconnected in pic for a test...
Old 11-11-2018, 02:56 PM   #8

And so you just check a gauge on your batteries and shut it off when they’re at full charge??
Old 11-11-2018, 03:01 PM   #9

I take it you already have the Wen.....take the fuel cap to a honda dealer or HD or Lowes and see if it'll fit a Honda lawn mower.....same size and thread pitch.....if it does, then check on Amazon for a cap.........I do have a battery monitor......honda gen and mower have the same size caps
Old 11-11-2018, 03:15 PM   #10

There are vented caps on eBay with hose barb or replacement wen caps on their site with a shut off valve. I can either drill an oem replacement cap or seal the aftermarket vented with rtv silicone of some sort. Probably going with the oem style and drill it 1/2” hole in the top I’m thinking.
When do you know to turn your generator off? This is my first TT and generator
Old 11-11-2018, 03:17 PM   #11

Just looked up wiring on your gennie.....my system would also work on it......I use 2 Hondas, and each one has it's own fob, so the fob will only shut down the one you want......each gen has a separate relay system
Old 11-11-2018, 03:27 PM   #12

If your going to run an extended tank, you don't want vented caps....the extended tanks have a vent........if gen has a vented cap, no vacuum can be created to pull the gas in....the standpipe inside the cap will keep the fuel level in gen at perfect level.....I check the battery voltage with a meter....was a learning thing till I figured out long to run them......then thru that out, as I added another battery....
Old 11-11-2018, 03:33 PM   #13

Does your gas cap have an action to it like a car......spin till it clicks?.......As long as the hose barb is the only way that cap can vent, then it'll work........free wheeling caps really hard to seal up
Old 11-11-2018, 05:16 PM   #14

Take the gas line off the built in tank and extend it to a 3 or 6 gallon portable boat gas tank and hose.

Keep the tank a bit higher then the carburator, pump the squeeze bulb and start it up.

Add a 3 way valve in the fuel line and you could even switch back to the internal tank if needed.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, fuel pump, generator, honda