Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:39 AM   #1

BLM Land Imperial Dam - water, sewage question

When on BLM land how much support do campers have? I want to camp in the Imperial Dam area in the next winter or two. Just wandering if there are sewage trucks that come around as well as water trucks with potable water.

How much does it cost?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #2

Imperial Dam Is a LTVA area so facilities are generally available. Google LTVA, and you can find what each LTVA area has, and any area specific rules for said area.

I know of no non LTVA, BLM land that have water and/or sewage trucks that service RV's, other than Quartzite, and thats because there is the world's largest convergence of RV's know to man so there are people there trying to make a buck.

Ed

Old 08-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Stayed there a year ago, they have water and dump but you have to either pull/drive to that area or use other means to haul your own, no trucks that come to you.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #4

Thanks - it was Quartzite that I heard trucks support the campers as a business. Seems gray water will be my biggest issue. I have a sewage tote that connects to my truck ball that I use in state parks. But in a state park I am only towing the tote at a slow speed for a few hundred yards at worse.

On BLM land I might be a few miles from the dump sration.

What do other people do? How do they handle gray and black water?
Old 08-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
I have seen it all, from tanks mounted on trailers, trucks, etc, to people just picking up and going to the dump station for a dump and refill. We could go for 14 days so it was not a big problem to pick up and go dump and refill.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:21 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
There are some at Imperial Dam that will dump your tanks and fill your water, but they are also campers. I don't think there are any commercial services. Most people use the totes. You actually don't have to pull them that far, maybe two miles or less depending on where you park. They have 4 lanes of a very nice dump station. Some people have made tilting carriers that fit into the 2" receiver hitch for carrying and dumping the tote.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #7

Also, replacing the totes wheels/tires with wider, inflatable tires makes using them easier. All thats needed is to buy a longer axle (a five eights rod as I remember) and some new wheels with a five eights hole, and your set.

Personally, Ive upgraded to a 55 gallon barrel.

Ed