Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-26-2016, 08:47 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
That is awesome, we believe the same, "do unto others" we have not had anyone request a stay yet but we are excited to host, the Washer Dryer is a good option as well, we have units on our rig but sometimes we will hit a Laundromat when we go out to do it all at once, might be a extra bonus for the guest, as our W/D's are located in our garage with no access to the house, thanks for the tip.

Prometheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2016, 08:53 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
okcnewbie, oakcreekeric,

We will always have a spot available as long as we are there, and we don't plan to leave, as we work everyday, and when we do retire we will have a "special system" for potential guests.

wanderso, offroad

Thanks for the support, it is an awesome site and rving should be fun and exciting, most folks fondest memories are from trips and camping.

we hope to see all of you folks one day.

Neil and Stefanie Alston

Old 05-29-2016, 05:41 PM   #17

Wow that's a great idea, I didn't know about this!
Old 05-30-2016, 08:15 AM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
To perhaps further explain how this works, if you have a safe place that you are willing to let a fellow traveler park in for a night or several, you register with https://www.boondockerswelcome.com/ Your address is NOT posted.

If you are needing a place to park while you travel, you look for hosts in the area you will be in and contact them and ask permission.

When a person(s) who are traveling through your area contact you and ask permission to stay with you, their profile is available for you to view to make sure they are decent people. This profile of theirs also has comments about them from other people they have stayed with.

You can then email them back and give them your address, phone # etc. Whatever you provide them with is strictly between you and them.
There is a yearly fee for this service, but It is less than what one night at a rv resort would cost you. If you host and get 3 good feedbacks, the next years membership is free.
The world is full of friends that you have yet to meet.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:33 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks DannyB1954, your description is spot on.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:45 PM   #20

Excellent

Thats Great Info , it's Nice to know there are still some Good Guys (and Gals) out Yonder ! Safe Travels ..........JIM
Old 09-11-2016, 04:18 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I thought about doing this but do not think that anyone would want to stay off a dirt road 45 minutes south of Jacksonville Florida because my place is not near anything. It is 45 minutes from ST Augustine and 2.5 hours from Orlando. Cows. Goats and horses across the road and a large 11acre wooded hay field on the other corner. I am still thinking about it.
ksmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 10:19 AM   #22

Ford Super Duty Owner
I think people would think that a perfect boonedocking site.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 10:49 AM   #23

Mid Atlantic Campers
Yup

I thought the same thing about our location. 300 -acres 1 mile long driveway graveled. Miles from any city or attraction. Contacted the site with quesions and a quick reply that offered some info and the lady told me I would very surprised at the # of folks that would be asking. Long story short had to delay joining because someone needed an extended stay place while building their house near mine. Great site and thanks to those at can host.
Old 09-11-2016, 02:10 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmith View Post
I thought about doing this but do not think that anyone would want to stay off a dirt road 45 minutes south of Jacksonville Florida because my place is not near anything. It is 45 minutes from ST Augustine and 2.5 hours from Orlando. Cows. Goats and horses across the road and a large 11acre wooded hay field on the other corner. I am still thinking about it.
Man I think that sounds like a gray place to me when can I sign up!
Old 12-24-2016, 10:56 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
I came across the boondockers welcome information on the FMCA forum. I've been wondering about hosting and thought we might not have what others would like also. We have 80 acres but it is mostly unimproved. Our driveway is dirt/gravel but it's easily traveled by our 43' coach after I trimmed the trees. We have a few places to park, but nothing fancy. I'm making preparations to build a barn for our coach and we've talked about adding an additional electrical and water hook up to the side. The only problem is the ground is sandy and folks would likely need to use some sort of entry mat. We are only about 4 miles off the interstate and it's highway to our driveway. We have room to host more than one at a time if that would be appealing to any travelers also. Better than sleeping in the parking lot at the truck stop in my mind.

Does dealing with the sand offset the convince of boondocking in a place like ours?
Berryfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 11:31 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berryfarmer View Post
Does dealing with the sand offset the convince of boondocking in a place like ours?
With a heavy diesel I'd be concerned about driving on sand. If the road is hard-packed along with the parking site - no problem. Most people carry a patio mat.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:48 AM   #27

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Just letting everyone know we have signed up on the Boondockers site, and we are excited to host our first boondocker, we have a large motorhome and we always find it very hard to find sites large enough for us. So we made one and made it available for others!

Boondockers: AlstonAcres

Neil and Stefanie.
Good for you. You will enjoy the experience. We joined Boondockers Welcome as hosts a year ago for the same reason. We've had a wonderful experience and have hosted many great families this past year.
darcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:45 PM   #28

This seems like a great idea. Glad there are folks willing to help out like this.