Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:17 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Boondocker's website

Motorhome magazine has a small article in the August 2012 issue about a new website called boondockerswelcome.com, an online resource for boondockers to find and offer boondocking or overnight sites to other members. For now membership is free, according the site, members who offer a boondocking spot will never pay a membership fee.
This site looks like it may have potential for those looking for safe and reliable boondocking sites.

Boondockers Welcome | Be My Guest RV Parking

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2012, 08:41 AM   #2

I joined it. Thanks for posting it.

Old 07-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #3

If something of value is offered for free, a large portion of the takers will not be the type of person I'd associate with.

IMHO, those offering the space put themselves in harms way, and if they have children, they are fools.

Ed
Old 07-02-2012, 07:37 AM   #4

I would rather be at their home if something happen to my kid than at a CG were there are 50 sites. I won't have far to look to see who did it and were they live.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-Sommers View Post
If something of value is offered for free, a large portion of the takers will not be the type of person I'd associate with.

IMHO, those offering the space put themselves in harms way, and if they have children, they are fools.

Ed
Your kidding aren't you Ed?

If not:
Thank you very much. I'll let the kids know what kind of father they've been living with. I'll also let my passing thru/overnighting friends know we can't do this anymore. Take those threatening RVs to WalMart. Almost twenty years and we've had no problems. Suppose I should check every car coming down the road?
SKP #111927
SteveCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
I've belonged since the beginning. No one knows exactly where you are until you 'screen' them and let them know they're welcome (or not).
pkunk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #7

A superb idea, and I'll have an occasional spot myself. I didn't realize when I put the concrete pad in next to the garage that the water, power and sewer cleanout were in a perfect spot for an RV. It would be a waste to not use, and is in a residential area next to 800 acres of wild woods and close to downtown Portland, Oregon.

As for undesireables, I'd kind of enjoy Chevy Chase's brother-in-law for a bit. It's not as if anyone is moving in with me, and if they're boondockers they've learned how to leave a light footprint.

I've been a long-distance thru-hiker, and there are "trail angels" along the way who will do anything from leave water out in dry areas to have a place to take a shower and sleep. Very nice people, always, and they have the opportunity to meet a lot of people they wouldn't otherwise.

And there are always slobs, who will try to take advantage of any situation. Very clever, articulate, scheming slobs. Well, I have a good friend who drives a tow truck, where would you like to go?