Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2018, 08:15 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Things to do in Quartszite if we get all set up early enough.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180814_192212.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	407.5 KB
ID:	215231   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180814_192221.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	357.2 KB
ID:	215232  

Name:	20180814_192244.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	332.9 KB
ID:	215233   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180814_192312.jpg
Size:	313.3 KB
ID:	215235  

Name:	20180814_192629.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	215236   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180814_192711.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	318.1 KB
ID:	215237  

Name:	20180814_192731.jpg
Size:	203.1 KB
ID:	215239  
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2018, 09:17 PM   #16

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
This coming winter will be my 3rd to spend in the LTVA south of Quartzsite. Each year I get better organized. I wait until daytime temps are forecast to be under 85*. Last year that was mid November and I stay until they start staying above 85*. That was late March.

Last year I erected a 10’x20’x6’ tall wind break/dog yard on the north side of the coach. I park facing WSW so that my solar panels get the best sun. I don’t move until we are ready to leave.

I bought a 35 gallon dump barrel from the local hardware store and tow it behind my Smart Car on a good hand truck to the dump station in La Posa South. I also have water containers to bring water to the rig. Each system has it's own pump. I co-op with a friend to store my Q only equipment in Blythe so I don’t have to drag it with me the remainder of the year.

I like to plan, experiment and make mods to our RV. I have an inexpensive RV solar water heater in the works and want to try some container gardening and a DIY solar oven this coming winter.

I'm considering one of these - https://www.harborfreight.com/10-ft-...hed-63297.html for my work table, tools and current projects.

About once a week I’ll meet with friends for a pot luck campfire. Friends drop by to chat and play with Sena. I guess you could say I just spend time doing what I like to do.

If you're the type that needs movie theatres, shopping malls and paid entertainment, Quartzsite is not for you. But I learned long ago how to find my own entertaining fun.

Oh, there is something not far away I want to go see - ancient geo glyphs, but I plan to take a friend who has a camera drone.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blythe_Intaglios
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:30 PM   #17

Country Coach Owners Club
If you are going to ride ATVs around Q, please stay on the established trails and not blaze your own. BLM is getting a little ticked with people riding all over the desert and are contemplating shutting some of the areas down.

Some people are calling BS on this and it crops up every so often but it could happen sooner than you think
Old 08-16-2018, 08:16 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbstewart View Post
How many here stay 3 months or longer boondocking at Quartzsite ?
What do you do with your time ?
We head there to get away from the weather and bringing our side x side
gbstewart

Q is one of those places where you have to bring your own fun. Not much to do. You can go to the desert bar, or big tent: which use to be just RV stuff but is becoming more junk stuff. If your not with a group it is like attending a Good Sam rally as an independent. I'd suggest moving on to Yuma, but that is pretty lame too. The biggest thing in Q is the dust. I'd head up the Colorado River, where there is more entertainment. Phoenix and Tucson offer the same weather or better plus they have things to do and see. There is free rv parking all over this state. All you have to do is find it.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:47 PM   #19

Howdy!

When we spend that much time at Quartzsite we also spend a lot of time at the Quartzsite Gem and Menerial club. You may to join no much and a couple of dollars for sessions morning and afternoon. The have classes on a number of things from making you own jewelry to silver smithing, fasiting, knaping, carving etc... They also have planned trips for rockhounding.
Quartzsite Roadrunners Gem & Mineral Club – | Arizona's premier gem & mineral club | Celebrating 50 years of "Rockin" Fun |

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon
chiefneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 11:13 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeTheWay View Post
Q is one of those places where you have to bring your own fun. Not much to do. You can go to the desert bar, or big tent: which use to be just RV stuff but is becoming more junk stuff. If your not with a group it is like attending a Good Sam rally as an independent. I'd suggest moving on to Yuma, but that is pretty lame too. The biggest thing in Q is the dust. I'd head up the Colorado River, where there is more entertainment. Phoenix and Tucson offer the same weather or better plus they have things to do and see. There is free rv parking all over this state. All you have to do is find it.

To each their own. We find there's lot's to do in Q and the desert in general. But not everyone is into that kind of stuff and there is plenty to do up by Laughlin. We spent 6 weeks in Boulder City and you're very close to Vegas. Same with Lake Mead area. It's a bit colder there but totally doable.

Tags
boondocking, quartzsite