Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:28 PM   #1
Monaco Owners Club
Boondocking at Lake Powell

We are going to Lake Powell for the first time, and will stay at an RV Park. While there we will explore the area for some nice boondocking sites for future trips. Does anyone have a favorite location, or is that like fishing holes and mushroom spots....a secret.

2002 Monaco Windsor 40 PKD
2005 R1200RT (hers) 1987 R80 (his), 1975 R75/6 (his), 1986 R65 (hers)
NMBeemercouple is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
American Coach Owners Club
NMBeemer, Our ultimate goal is visiting throughout the West, so I'm interested in the forthcoming responses as well. So far, it looks as if the 'secrets' have it!...insert cricket sounds here. Bob

Jan and Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:53 PM   #3
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You didn't say if you were going to Bullfrog or Wahheap. I have always had to launch the boat with the MH so I mostly stayed at the CG @ Bullfrog without hookups. because it was near the boat ramp. I did see a lot of campers on shore towards the north end of Bullfrog Bay and also just a few miles east of the boat ramp. They seemed like nice places but there was no place to launch the boat with a CL A MH.
Have fun. I just sold my boat so I'm jealous.
I've only taken the boat to Wahheap.
'05 Damon Daybreak, 3270 on '04 P-32 Workhorse
Parker, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
Monaco Owners Club
We will start off at Wahweap, and will have our kayaks with us. I was looking via Google maps (view from above) and just North of Wahweap were a bunch of motorhomes along the water. This will be a scouting trip, and will take in as much as we can.
2002 Monaco Windsor 40 PKD
2005 R1200RT (hers) 1987 R80 (his), 1975 R75/6 (his), 1986 R65 (hers)
NMBeemercouple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:43 PM   #5
Just west of Wahweap, heading on the highway towards Kanab, is an area called Lone Rock Beach (8 miles ish from Wahweap). This is a primative camping area. There is a fee station. You traverse the sand and must realize that you can become stuck if you want to get close to the water. The Park Service does bulldoze sections to make it easier to get to some areas close to the water, but all stucks are at your own risk. Been going there since 1976 and love it. We go in July/August and that time of year you have to prepare yourself for high wind, monsoons, warm days, beautiful days, hot days, cool days,,,,,,you get the idea. It can be many things during monsoon season in the southwest. They do have a dump station near the entrance and there are showers/bathroom facilities away from the water. During the summer it is usually very crowded.

We have friends who stay there into October and the crowds are pretty minimal and reduce significantly after Labor Day.
2001 34' Alpine Coach
2008 Jeep Rubicon or 2012 Ford F150 4x4 Lariat towds
or a couple of different trailers
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is online now   Reply With Quote