Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-01-2015, 09:50 AM   #1

Boondocking - Desert w/pictures

We stayed here for a few days after Christmas.
GPS 32.859943,-111.126646
This is off of the 79 highway south of Florence, AZ - 6.6 miles back just off of 96 Ranch Road.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3527.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	237.5 KB
ID:	82298   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3541.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	358.7 KB
ID:	82299  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3538.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	338.8 KB
ID:	82300  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2015, 10:19 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Great pics. Looks like you are having fun. Thanks for sharing.

John

Old 01-01-2015, 11:03 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Nice pictures! Curious as to how you know where you can pull off the road and set-up? Are there marked areas? Thanks

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 11:28 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper2 View Post
Nice pictures! Curious as to how you know where you can pull off the road and set-up? Are there marked areas? Thanks
I don't have any hard data or anything, but for that specific area there are only signs that say use the road at your own risk as it is not maintained. I had a buddy recommend that area because he hunts over there. There were a few others camping on that road and the roads around there, but none were close to me. I saw a sheriff driving up the road as I was driving down - he just waved as I passed by with my trailer. Up the hill, there is a ranch (96 Ranch).
Old 01-01-2015, 11:56 AM   #5

Looks beautiful. One of our favorite spots is Buenas Aires National Wildlife Area on the border south of Arivipa.

The large state atlases/gazeteers show what is private land and what is federal and state. You can stay on most BLM land as a careful camper.

It is best to check out the back roads before you haul a rig in. We usually have a base area and then scout out the back roads in our 4x4 pickup. Want to make sure that you can get in, turn around and get out. Have just pulled the mountain bike off and pedaled in on numerous occasions. Pedaled in the 3 miles in and out to our favorite spot ever, Laguna Azul in the Yucatan. Found a 10' pole by the side of the road so I could make sure we would fit under the branches.

Reedand Elaine
Old 01-02-2015, 07:45 PM   #6

Beautiful spot. I wish Arizona would fix their screwed up ATV laws.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by frizzen View Post
Beautiful spot. I wish Arizona would fix their screwed up ATV laws.
What is screwed up about Az. atv laws?
Old 01-31-2015, 10:09 PM   #8

The street legal requirements. DW and I wanted to go ride in the area around Florence and Superstition Mountains last fall. If you need to ride on a dirt road that is maintained to get from one trail to the next you have to be street legal, including license plate. Since TX doesn't issue plates for ATVs we can't ride over there.

New Mexico has a much better idea. ATVs are considered off road vehicles and are allowed on any unpaved road unless there is a local ordinance that prohibits it. Can also ride short distances along the shoulder of paved roads to get from trail to trail. All I have to have there is my TX off road sticker.

Tags
boondocking