Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2005, 10:04 AM   #1
JRW

I have bought into a ranch in Wyo and plan on going there in the near future and staying for a couple of weeks or so. It is very remote and with out any water, elec, or any other comforts. What do I need to do about dumping my waste tanks. I am planning on taking a gen set with me for elect.

Just had a thought, I have a 5'X 10' utility trailer that I had planed on putting the genset on and a 50gal water tank guess I could get a waste water tank and dump in it and when I go to town about 20 miles away dump it.

Any tips for going that remote?

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of All Who Threaten It
JRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2005, 10:04 AM   #2
JRW

I have bought into a ranch in Wyo and plan on going there in the near future and staying for a couple of weeks or so. It is very remote and with out any water, elec, or any other comforts. What do I need to do about dumping my waste tanks. I am planning on taking a gen set with me for elect.

Just had a thought, I have a 5'X 10' utility trailer that I had planed on putting the genset on and a 50gal water tank guess I could get a waste water tank and dump in it and when I go to town about 20 miles away dump it.

Any tips for going that remote?

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of All Who Threaten It
JRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:27 PM   #3

If you are that remote why not just dig a cess pit and dump there? No diff. than the two holer we had as kids. Scotty.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:29 PM   #4

Scotty said it! Bushman
Old 12-14-2005, 06:27 PM   #5

The flaw in having a black water tank to haul away waste is requiring a pump to transfer up from your 5er's waste outlet. I second the cat-hole idea, just take a blue porta-tank to haul it away from your campsite and waterways. Fresh water may be hauled with one of the collapsible bladder tanks and a 12V transfer pump(harbor freight), saving space when traveling. Then you don't need that 5X10 trailer, everything may be hauled in your truck bed with perhaps a hitch-mount carrier on the rear of the 5er(or mounted over the pin box) for the genset.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 08:15 PM   #6

Being in the Septic Business a few years back, you could have a small ceptic tank professonally installed for around a grand. Then just park beside it and no worries. For a part time RV'er you could get away with a 55gallon drum and one line running out away from it.

Depending on the type of soil and the amount of beer you drink while doing it, you could have it done by hand in an afternoon of digging with a shovel

Every Miles A Memory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:15 AM   #7

How does a "country poorboy" afford a ranch in WY?

Congratulations! Wyoming is beautiful and I am sure you will have some great times on your new ranch!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JRW:

Any tips for going that remote? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
apackof2 is offline   Reply With Quote