Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-11-2015, 11:48 PM   #1

Boondocking Report: Imperial Dam LTVA, Near Yuma, AZ

I just finished a rather extensive report on the BLM's Imperial Dam Long Term Visitor Area near Yuma, AZ. Plus, I've written no fewer than three other blog posts about what this fascinating place is like. There are lots of pictures to go with the report too, along with other boondocking and campground reports, product user reports, interviews and more, all free on my blog.

This link will take you to the LTVA report I've written. This link will take you to the first of the three other reports on the Imperial Dam LVA that I've written so far.

If you'd like email notices when I add new posts to the blog enter your email address where it says Follow Russ.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2015, 12:32 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Thank you Russ, for the excellent review.i

480w Go Power solar
PeaceOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:18 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Thanks Russ!! It is so nice to see some inside information and photos of these places before I start driving thru them. I always wonder if I'll get stuck around the next corner and whether or not I'll have cell coverage (required for my job).
JFNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 07:30 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks. Nice to here about new places
Old 02-12-2015, 08:27 AM   #5

Excellent information Russ. We are hoping to get down there next fall. Joined your blog to have a good read to take it all in.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:53 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abclipper View Post
Excellent information Russ. We are hoping to get down there next fall. Joined your blog to have a good read to take it all in.
You're welcome. It's gratifying to receive apreciation for my efforts.

I haven't been here then but I understand it can be pretty hot here in the fall. One camper with whom I spoke arrived in late September. I got the feeling she had to endure some really hot weather. There's got to be some climate data available. Nina Fussing who writes WheelingIt.us did a page about getting climate info. Here's the link.

Thanks for signing up at the blog.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOwl View Post
Thank you Russ, for the excellent review.i
Welcome
Old 02-12-2015, 09:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kend51 View Post
Thanks. Nice to here about new places
The place isn't new. It's been there for a long time. Haha. Kidding. I'm always glad when my efforts are valuable to others.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:04 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFNM View Post
Thanks Russ!! It is so nice to see some inside information and photos of these places before I start driving thru them. I always wonder if I'll get stuck around the next corner and whether or not I'll have cell coverage (required for my job).
If you've got a job that will let you come to places like this I want one too! Ha. Not really. I'm quite content without a job, thank you very much.

I wish more camping reports had more photos. A picture is worth 1000 words. Right?
Old 02-12-2015, 10:10 AM   #10

Imperial Dam LTVA

Nice to see you are enjoying the area. We are on Fishtale Flats (Montana 5th wheel and red Dodge)' we also volunteer in the contact station on Wednesday's. Stop In and say hi if you are passing by!Paul and Lorraine
montana4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by montana4two View Post
Nice to see you are enjoying the area. We are on Fishtale Flats (Montana 5th wheel and red Dodge)' we also volunteer in the contact station on Wednesday's. Stop In and say hi if you are passing by!Paul and Lorraine
Are you Eric's friends then, that are camped near him? Doesn't he work at the Contact Station on Wednesdays? I may be passing by tomorrow as Im expecting some deliveries at the Christian Service Center.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:15 AM   #12

Yes, we are Eric and Valerie's friends and yes we are parked next to them on Durguson road. Eric and Valerie work on Sunday, we work on Wednesday. Small world! Hope to see you then
montana4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 11:49 PM   #13

We enjoyed our month + stay in the area in 2014. It can get a bit windy in storms, but all part of the experience! Great sunrises, sunsets. We found groups to hang with, and also found ourselves enjoying the aloneness amongst the community at times.

Thanks form the post!
Smitty
Old 02-14-2015, 09:12 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
We enjoyed our month + stay in the area in 2014. It can get a bit windy in storms, but all part of the experience! Great sunrises, sunsets. We found groups to hang with, and also found ourselves enjoying the aloneness amongst the community at times.

Thanks form the post!
Smitty
We've had a couple windy days so far during my stay too. It wasn't too bad and kinda helped me feel cooler--it was hot at the same time. I'm on a ridge in the East Florida Flats area which is a little windier than some other places. No wind today so far... perfectly still and that's just fine by me

Oh, and you're welcome

Tags
boondocking