Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:35 AM   #29

Send a message via Yahoo to JayLodge
Seajay,

Ditto here. Loved all of your messages, especially the "cup of coffee", and the "God behind you". That's the kind of camping my DW and I want to do; we're not into the golfing, clubhouse "resort" scene at all. Hoping to fully retire in a year and hit the Alaska route a year after that. Can't wait !

BTW: I'm retired A.F. / Air National Guard

JayLodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2010, 06:39 AM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
tnsauerkraut ,
back at you my brother and twice times double thanks for your service to this great country .....
A Question ..... How do you think it would ''float'' if we asked the admin if we could have a ''VETERANS FORUM'' on here some where. Just a place where vets could register their names, service branch, time in service , MOS, and stuff like that.... They could move the ''sea stories''' string over there also. Everyone could be welcome there but it would give us vets a place to shoot the bull and maybe just maybe plan some sort of get together sometime in the future.... Of course you gotta remember that we would have to let in Jar heads, Flyboys, Puddle jumpers, Weekend Warriors, National Garders, Dog faces like yourself and of course ''stinkin' Squids'' like me and of course all lady vets from all branches of the service. Another thing,,,,,,, we could let officers in also ... we would not want them crying at the gate when Wayne the Marine stopped them... I started one on another forum that I am no longer on and it has over ten thousand hits as of now. Maybe in the ''General Discussion'' forum would be a good place for that string.....I will e mail the powers to be and suggest this ....
God bless our vets .... ALL GAVE SOME,..... SOME GAVE ALL
God bless our troops and bring them home safe and soon ........
Seajay the sailor man ....

Old 05-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #31
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Seajay,
You had to have been a SNIPE.

Military/Veteran Thread

Come on above deck and smell the ocean.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:27 AM   #32

Send a message via Yahoo to JayLodge
Ha! Yeah, you need to let officers in................
BTW: I was enlisted for 12 years before getting my commission.
Was fortunate to have spent the Vietnam era on the F-106 flightline, and as a downtown Recruiter in Detroit (including the period of time when we weren't allowed to wear our uniform on the Wayne State College campus, but that's another story.
JayLodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:21 AM   #33

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
tnsauerkraut ,
back at you my brother and twice times double thanks for your service to this great country .....
A Question ..... How do you think it would ''float'' if we asked the admin if we could have a ''VETERANS FORUM'' on here some where. Just a place where vets could register their names, service branch, time in service , MOS, and stuff like that.... They could move the ''sea stories''' string over there also. Everyone could be welcome there but it would give us vets a place to shoot the bull and maybe just maybe plan some sort of get together sometime in the future.... Of course you gotta remember that we would have to let in Jar heads, Flyboys, Puddle jumpers, Weekend Warriors, National Garders, Dog faces like yourself and of course ''stinkin' Squids'' like me and of course all lady vets from all branches of the service. Another thing,,,,,,, we could let officers in also ... we would not want them crying at the gate when Wayne the Marine stopped them... I started one on another forum that I am no longer on and it has over ten thousand hits as of now. Maybe in the ''General Discussion'' forum would be a good place for that string.....I will e mail the powers to be and suggest this ....
God bless our vets .... ALL GAVE SOME,..... SOME GAVE ALL
God bless our troops and bring them home safe and soon ........
Seajay the sailor man ....
Seajay, I'm moving over to the vets forum. BTW, I'm your sister. Yes, that's right, I'm a lady vet , but I'm still a grunt and you're still a stinkin' squid!
Old 05-11-2010, 10:22 AM   #34

Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
JayLodge, maybe you finally learned how to work for a living?
Old 07-26-2010, 09:44 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Seajay,
You need to post that picture. If it is in a public place there is no intent on privacy and any pictures you take can be made public as long as you do not profit off of them. I'm no lawyer, but that is what I have been told.

Think Paparazzi. And they profit$$$.
Post the video on You-Tube....that would get their attention
SpursMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #36
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanRV View Post
... Fred Meyer stores do allow for overnights in their lots. Walmart, at least in Anchorage, does not.
Most but not all Fred Meyer stores do.

The City of Anchorage has a city ordanance that bans Overnight RV Parking in the parking lot of any store which has 20,000 square feet or more of retail space. This 20,000 sq. ft. threshhold means that this local Anti-RV law applies to virtually any store whose parking lot is large enough to accommodate RVs.

jobriant is offline   Reply With Quote