Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2015, 06:06 PM   #71

Apparently no one from 1965-67 days remembers a pathfinder platoon or section in 173rd Airborne. The 101st had a platoon. The Air Force used their own Pathfinders for the drop at Katum.
Reed Cundiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2015, 11:38 AM   #72

Tiffin Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
I am offended by politicians that are paid for by us but don't do their jobs, people that think their right is to take my rights away, fanatics that silence or kill people that don't agree with them and a host of other things. Boondocking, camping, dry camping, Rving, Glamping, full timing or part timing are jsut terms that people like to use to describe what they enjoy. Why would anyone be offended by someone enjoying life? .... not me.
michealwhela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 06:41 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealwhela View Post
I am offended by politicians that are paid for by us but don't do their jobs, people that think their right is to take my rights away, fanatics that silence or kill people that don't agree with them and a host of other things. Boondocking, camping, dry camping, Rving, Glamping, full timing or part timing are jsut terms that people like to use to describe what they enjoy. Why would anyone be offended by someone enjoying life? .... not me.
I second this!
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:25 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottybdivin View Post
So does parking in a BLM campground without hookups qualify as boondocking or dry camping?
Either is correct. We say boondocking, just because we like using that word
montana4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 11:18 AM   #75

I like to think that 'boondocking' is just dry camping out of sight of civilization.
Old 01-11-2021, 11:29 AM   #76

Boondocking has become a slang term for RV’ers similar to Toad or Fiver. So no I’m not offended by slang terms. Though to me Boondocking should be done out in the boonies lol. And the car behind my rig is Towed. Lol
Rob_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 11:31 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_M View Post
Boondocking has become a slang term for RV’ers similar to Toad or Fiver. So no I’m not offended by slang terms. Though to me Boondocking should be done out in the boonies lol. And the car behind my rig is Towed. Lol

Sorry just realized this thread is 6 years old.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:50 PM   #78

Damon Owners Club
In my 20s I spent many weekends camping with my friends. We had a nice lake for swimming and skiing about 20 miles from town. Tents, vans, pickups, it didnt matter, we camped until we ran out of beer, then we went home.

In my 30s I had a VW pop-up camper van. We camped all over the place. Sometimes when we were traveling and needed to sleep for a few hours we would park at a car dealership after they closed and stay until early morning.

All we ever called it was camping.
bmcgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:25 PM   #79

We boondocked in Nevada but we still had TV! ��
Old 01-11-2021, 09:08 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
Am I the only one that is a little offended when parking lot camping or over nighting is referred to as 'boondocking'? I like boondocking and got my RV so that I have more options to stay in remote places without sacrificing comfort for my wife or dogs (or soon-to-be child). I consider this kind of camping 'real' boondocking. Off the grid (generally), remote areas with no hookups. Staying in a Wal Mart parking lot just isn't the same thing.

Anybody else feel this way?

I sure do. Well stated.
Old 01-21-2021, 05:39 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcgc View Post
In my 20s I spent many weekends camping with my friends. We had a nice lake for swimming and skiing about 20 miles from town. Tents, vans, pickups, it didnt matter, we camped until we ran out of beer, then we went home.

In my 30s I had a VW pop-up camper van. We camped all over the place. Sometimes when we were traveling and needed to sleep for a few hours we would park at a car dealership after they closed and stay until early morning.

All we ever called it was camping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeTheWay View Post
I sure do. Well stated.
To me, staying in a walmart parking lot makes people look cheap. I know boondocking is free usually also but Walmart in a fancy diesel Pusher makes people look cheap.
Kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 06:44 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
Am I the only one that is a little offended when parking lot camping or over nighting is referred to as 'boondocking'? I like boondocking and got my RV so that I have more options to stay in remote places without sacrificing comfort for my wife or dogs (or soon-to-be child). I consider this kind of camping 'real' boondocking. Off the grid (generally), remote areas with no hookups. Staying in a Wal Mart parking lot just isn't the same thing.

Anybody else feel this way?
If you are offended, you are not boondocking.
I know this is 5 years old, I just couldn’t help myself cause I have boondock envy.....
#10050 GVWR, #18500 GCWR Smoke that!
gatorb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 06:59 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by michealwhela View Post
...................Boondocking, camping, dry camping, Rving, Glamping, full timing or part timing are just terms that people like to use to describe what they enjoy. Why would anyone be offended by someone enjoying life? .... not me.

Agree - I'm sure me staying anywhere - without hook ups - is what we enjoy - it's what we call Boondocking. - Stadiums - Parking Lots - Dispersed areas - Yellowstone - they all are what WE enjoy - BoonDocking -
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 07:25 AM   #84

Boondocking vs. 'Boondocking'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtsara View Post
To me, staying in a walmart parking lot makes people look cheap. I know boondocking is free usually also but Walmart in a fancy diesel Pusher makes people look cheap.

Every now and then we stay in a Walmart parking lot for convenience not because we’re cheap. We drive until we’re tired let the air out of the bags, start the generator and go to sleep, most times at a welcome center or rest area. sometimes you just have to stay where you can. Checking in and out of an RV park takes too long when we are traveling long-distance. We are not full timers so we have to make our drive time count. Nobody knows who we are, so we don’t give a damn what folks think about whether we are cheap or not. Nobody knows anyone’s situation.

Tags
boondocking