Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-25-2014, 05:50 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Buffalo Bills RV parking.

Hi all,

Headed out to catch a game Columbus Day weekend & have read some older posts on other sites about the Camper lot at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Seems like we can get into the lot Saturday and leave Monday for $50. Dry camping only but supposed to have a nice Comfort Station. Has anyone here ever stayed here for a game/event? What were your thoughts? Should be a beautiful drive from Boston & we are looking forward to it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2014, 05:57 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemcgin View Post
Hi all,

Headed out to catch a game Columbus Day weekend & have read some older posts on other sites about the Camper lot at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Seems like we can get into the lot Saturday and leave Monday for $50. Dry camping only but supposed to have a nice Comfort Station. Has anyone here ever stayed here for a game/event? What were your thoughts? Should be a beautiful drive from Boston & we are looking forward to it.
Sorry, know nothing about it but have many friends in Buffalo and will ask around. Also, two other things, hope you get to do it and have a great time, and also hope the Pat's win! (but don't tell my Buffalo friends I said that)

trode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:34 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I have been talking about doing the same thing and have heard the same about the stadium but can not confirm. We just took I90 back from Canton Ohio with a stop at the Falls but not enough time to check it out, wish I did. Can not wait to hear actual feed back.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:35 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Don't pay much attention to the Bills or football in general, but on the locate news out of Buffalo they were talking about a new RV parking lot being used this year,
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 01:50 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Wow... My wife would love this. She is a huge Buffalo Bills fan.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:34 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Here are answers to your question:
Your NFL Stadium Questions Answered: Recreational Vehicle Parking at Ralph Wilson Stadium

Parking Information | Buffalo Bills
Old 10-10-2014, 06:41 AM   #7

There is no better atmosphere in pro football tailgating than the rv lot at The Ralph! I'm there usually 2 games a year (being 6 hrs away makes more than that tough).

The lot opens Saturday morning, I think at 8 or 9, but they will open early if there is a line (opening day this year saw RVs lining up at 3am, we got in line at 6 and were a mile away). I would expect some real excitement this weekend given the new ownership being final, and it being a Patriots sell out. You need to leave by midday Monday.

Dry camping, most people running generators most of the weekend. The comfort station is very nice for the most part (use the shower on the right - unless they fixed it you won't get hot water in the other one), better on Saturday and early Sunday - doesn't get cleaned until late Sunday evening.

Bring a fire pit and plenty of wood! If you don't feel like cooking every meal try Danny's a short walk up the street (go right out of the rv lot). Get yourself a "taste of buffalo" and enjoy the Beef on Weck! Big Tree is also great for a beer and is part of Bills culture and history.

$50 well spent! Walk around, meet the people, and have a great time!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1412941261.163439.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	181.8 KB
ID:	76199

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 10-10-2014, 02:37 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Didn't think we'd be able to build a fire? Guessing it's not an asphalt lot then. Might have to grab some wood then!
Old 10-10-2014, 04:16 PM   #9

It's asphalt/gravel depending on where you set up - if you don't have an above ground fire pit (i don't - I use a ring), I usually bring a half bag of play sand to put at the bottom of the fire ring to help contain the fumes and build the fire on that.

Bring plenty of wood - depending on the weather, the wind will cause a faster burn than you expect.

Have fun - but for a soccer tournament my kids are in, I'd be there with you! Had to sell my tix though...

Old 10-10-2014, 05:13 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for the advice Hiker. Getting ready to head out. Mass Pike/I-90 West is a mess to Sturbridge. Going to overnight in the Flying J just east of Buffalo & be at the gates early tomorrow morning. Weather looks good so can't wait to get out there.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:17 PM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Left Massachusetts at 7:45 pm & made it to the Pilot/Flying J half hour east of Buffalo around 4 am for an hour nap & fuel up. Made it to the Stadium area at 6 am to a 2 mile line of campers waiting to get into the lot. They used to let people in Friday nights but now start entry Saturday morning. Wish I just kept going but the line moved quickly & we have a nice spot. Great weather today and tomorrow. Glad we did this. Still just $50 total for Saturday to when they close up the lots Monday afternoon. Will have to look at the Steelers, Bengals & Jets/Giants RV parking policy's for next year.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:20 PM   #12

Great to here - and wish I was there! The Friday night opening was great, we used to leave south central PA Friday morning and go straight there, get set up and settled in by late afternoon (I think they opened it at 5?). Good times!

2 mile line - the legend continues to grow. Enjoy the experience. I know of no other NFL stadium that allows it - I think cleveland allows a limited number in the municipal lots but I don't know any stadium with a "stay the weekend" rv lot onsite. IF they build a new stadium someday down by the hockey arena, it would be a great loss if no plans for an rv lot were included.

Cheers and, of course, Go Bills!!