Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:58 PM   #15

It's my right to park and stay inside my rv home where I choose, in my country and state of residence. To say the parking laws are there to prevent litter is not a good argument - there are already laws against littering and dumping. There are also laws against noise, obstruction and other problems. The fact is people don't see the value of having rv's in their community or parks and you support them. Fact is I put money into every local economy I visit, yet I'm not welcome to stay, even if walmart or kmart welcome me. Wake up. Maybe you're happy in your retirement park but not everyone wants to rv like that.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2016, 05:01 PM   #16

Only the private companies such as Wallmart can really fight the NO RV PARKING laws and they would have to justify why they think they should be able to allow it in their lots.

What WM could do is to setup a designated RV area and charge for it. This puts them on the same footing as an RV park. Now we know that wouldn't go over with the RVers but what if they gave you full store credit for the RV fee? So if they charged $20 then you would have $20 to spend in the store.

There may be issues that need to be worked out I think this would bring in revenue and be good customer relations. It would also tend to keep the area cleaner since you do have to put money up front. Also, the area would allow you to put out slides as it would be marked for RVs.

This would only be done where the local laws don't allow overnight parking.

IMHO

Old 06-09-2016, 05:03 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithBowls View Post
It's my right to park and stay inside my rv home where I choose, in my country and state of residence. .

'Your RIGHT'
That is like the Lady saying it is her 'right' to bring her dog into the restaurant

Both of you are confused as to 'RIGHTS'

That is a privilege that comes with conditions.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithBowls View Post
It's my right to park and stay inside my rv home where I choose, in my country and state of residence.
Amazing attitude. But you couldn't be more mistaken and I think you know that. Otherwise, this post would not exist. It is not a "right".

Based on your very flawed logic, you can pull up in anyone's front yard grass, even if you don't know them, and "park and stay inside " your RV. That is your right?
Old 06-09-2016, 05:17 PM   #19

There is a word for no rules:
Anarchy
- a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority.
- absence of government and absolute freedom of the individual, regarded as a political ideal.
I suggest you start small, like getting a no overnight parking Walmart to change their rule, which is likely the result of a local ordinance.
Get one WIN via a new precedent. It would be a basis for making it more widely accepted.
But the locals must maintain control of over issues that arise from the inclusion of the vast variety of folks and rigs that will take advantage of the change. Hopefully, the locals will see the new rules as change they can believe in.

Dave and Nola, RV Mutants

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 05:18 PM   #20

FB, it looks like you would like to see an application of "The Original" Golden Rule.

Sadly, the "NEW" Golden Rule is usually in effect. You know, "He with the the most Gold Rules"

Even in the best of cases, Liberty is fragile. The boundaries of your liberties extend only to the boundaries of my liberties. Laws have wrestled with those boundaries for millennia, and will continue to in the future due to human nature.

Some folks just don't want to have to look at this:

Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 05:24 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by raineman View Post

Are you going to pick up all the beer cans and trash left by people that can just park anywhere? Are you going to pay the higher taxes to support the extra police or security patrols? Are you going to like parking where a previous RV just dumped their black tank? People abuse, destroy and disrespect far too often to allow a free for all as you suggest.

In the FL situation, the conditions you mention, developed due to poor enforcment of laws already on the books.

Then they wouldn't tow abandoned, derilics away, until they sunk. Instead, they took months, attempting to contact the owners, to take action. Once sunk, it cost 10 X as much.

Rather the address the problem, it was easier and less costly to do a complete ban. The Federal court didn't agree.

With proper enforcement, I tend to agree with some of what the OP is suggesting, on property owned by the taxpayers.

Unfortunately, in today world, that's not going to happen.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:31 PM   #22

Always somebody with me and only me ideas
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 05:35 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
In the FL situation, the conditions you mention, developed due to poor enforcment of laws already on the books.

Then they wouldn't tow abandoned, derilics away, until they sunk. Instead, they took months, attempting to contact the owners, to take action. Once sunk, it cost 10 X as much.

Rather the address the problem, it was easier and less costly to do a complete ban. The Federal court didn't agree.

With proper enforcement, I tend to agree with some of what the OP is suggesting, on property owned by the taxpayers.

Unfortunately, in today world, that's not going to happen.
j

At the risk of getting slammed , there are reasons for parking regulation on federal and state lands. Can you imagine what the parking lot and roads would look like at Yellowstone if it would be permitted? Its bad enough cleaning up and monitoring the places where people care permitted.
As volunteers for NWRs its amazing the mess people leave behind
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 05:45 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana25K View Post
j

At the risk of getting slammed , there are reasons for parking regulation on federal and state lands. Can you imagine what the parking lot and roads would look like at Yellowstone if it would be permitted? Its bad enough cleaning up and monitoring the places where people care permitted.
As volunteers for NWRs its amazing the mess people leave behind
FaithBowls thinks that is already covered by existing laws
Old 06-09-2016, 06:16 PM   #25

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by raineman View Post
FaithBowls thinks that is already covered by existing laws
And... she's right. There ARE existing laws that are not enforced.
blang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:20 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by blang View Post
And... she's right. There ARE existing laws that are not enforced.
right...... the point being that if they open up the land for people to park wherever, there will be even more trash not picked up... laws don't go out and pick up trash..people do...or don't
Old 06-09-2016, 06:23 PM   #27

FaithBowls, I don't know if you put these things out there just to get a rise, or you really believe what you are saying, and then there is some over reaction or exaggeration in some of your posts, that won't generate any support from this group for the most part. Like Old Biscuit and others have said there is a difference between a right and a privilege and I'm not sure you know the difference. This world is a crazy place as it is can you imagine if everyone got to make their own rules to meet their needs or pick and choose which ones they think are important to follow.

If you like the great outdoors and want to park wherever you want then go out and buy a 10 acre lot( or more), and you can do whatever you want on it and nobody will care. Your example about in California if you have a 10 acre lot that people cannot even sleep in your MH if they are visiting is just one over exaggeration, one nobody is going to even care or check, if there is such a law, if you allow your visiting family members to sleep in it and secondly if there is a law there is a reason and it is probably because someone started allowing multiple RV's to camp on their land, charging them and basically tried to circumvent the system, creating a bigger problem.

At the end of the day just because you bought an RV, or maybe even choose to live in it, doesn't mean you have the "right" to park it wherever, whenever you want.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 08:03 PM   #28

A world where you can go where you want, when you want and stay as long as you want hasn't existed since man created the concept of ownership. And it's become progressively more restrictive ever since. Think you "own" that RV? You don't. Fail to register it while you're exercising your supposed right, and someone will eventually take it away from you. Park it on your "own" property, fail to pay the taxes on that property, and someone will eventually come along and take that away from you too.