Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2017, 02:07 PM   #43

National RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by unyalli View Post
At a nascar race infield who cares!?
If I am parked near you, I DO

I even run my EU2000 instead of my 'Generac onboard' so I don't bother the neighbors.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2017, 10:32 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrayaz View Post
Do let us know!! Thanks.
Good move...love mine..sooo quiet...elect start a plus!
bobmassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 10:07 AM   #45

Champion 3400 dual fuel remote start inverter/gen, runs my 13500 ac fine, and is quiet. I gave the honda 2000's to my son. I keep the yamaha 1000 in my basement just in case I need a back up. Sorry but there is not enough of a noise increase with the CHAMPION to even notice.
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 12:01 PM   #46

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have excellent hearing. I get tested every other year. I notice not only difference in volume, but the different qualities of sound that things make. Harsh, smooth, highs and lows, all kinds of things that ride inside the "noise", and it can be hard to shut off my brain from listening. Even when using earplugs it can be difficult to not notice sounds.

Please do not tell me I don't notice a difference, you're not walking in my shoes or hearing with my ears. Thank you.
Old 11-25-2017, 09:09 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
I have excellent hearing. I get tested every other year. I notice not only difference in volume, but the different qualities of sound that things make. Harsh, smooth, highs and lows, all kinds of things that ride inside the "noise", and it can be hard to shut off my brain from listening. Even when using earplugs it can be difficult to not notice sounds.

Please do not tell me I don't notice a difference, you're not walking in my shoes or hearing with my ears. Thank you.
If you are referring to me, I'm not telling you anything. I said what I experienced. And yes not enough noise difference of any kind to justify not using my Champion over my Honda's. Yes I owned both at the same time, as I said I gave the 2 Honda's to my son. I doubt that the people that are saying the 3400 inverter/gen. is to loud have never owned one. Well I do and the noise increase to my 56 year old ears is not enough, to pack two Honda's verses one remote start dual fuel CHAMPION!
2004 Montana 2955RL, 400 watt solar, 2000 watt inverter/charger, 4-Interstate 225AH 6volt golf cart batteries, All LED lights,Champion Remote start 3- fuel option 3100/3400 inverter/gen.- 2000 F-350 7.3 4x4 long bed crew cab SRW.
weredoingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 09:28 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryl View Post
If I am parked near you, I DO

I even run my EU2000 instead of my 'Generac onboard' so I don't bother the neighbors.
I do the same except my on board generator is an ONAN. Even with the Gen-Turi on the ONAN the Honda's are quieter. I can run one EU2000 in the evening and all night long without disturbing anyone. I run one until we go to bed then switch to the other which is full of fuel and it will run all night long without running out of gas. A whole lot less then the ONAN would consume.
Lynn
Old 11-25-2017, 11:26 AM   #49

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by weredoingit View Post
If you are referring to me, I'm not telling you anything.
If I was referring to you, I would have quoted you.

(No longer referring to weredoingit for the rest of this post)

Being told what I should or should not be hearing, especially when I'm trying to sleep, is something that everyone should just stop doing.

The main benefit that I enjoy with two generators at fifty pounds each is they are easier to lift than one generator that weighs about a hundred pounds or more.

Noise is not the only consideration with generators. For me it's way up there, but it's not the only thing.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:44 AM   #50

Mid Atlantic Campers
I have no problem with anybody that runs any type of generator. The ringing in my ears from military service drowns all of them out. Run what you brung I really don't care.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:25 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog2you View Post
I have no problem with anybody that runs any type of generator. The ringing in my ears from military service drowns all of them out. Run what you brung I really don't care.
Have to agree with this - since my original post, I've figured out how to keep mine quieter than the average Honda user (keep it under my truck tonneau, vented of course), and the wife and I have figured out how to deal with outside noise as well. Didn't even have a noise issue when at Pismo/Oceano over Veterans day weekend, with all the ATV's running around and parties.

Start with a fan running in the bedroom, if that doesn't cut it, a white noise app on the phone and a Bose/Beats bluetooth speaker works wonders. Sleep like a baby!
aknavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 09:51 PM   #52

Monaco Owners Club
Just curious if the alternatives to the Honda are pure or modified sine wave. The Hondas produce a beautiful pure sine wave- better than what I get from my local power company.

Walt
photopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:17 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by photopilot View Post
Just curious if the alternatives to the Honda are pure or modified sine wave. The Hondas produce a beautiful pure sine wave- better than what I get from my local power company.

Walt

I agree Honda generators are sweet, however the “pure sine wave” is simply emulating what the power company produces. Regular contractor generators produce that same pure sine wave.
325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:25 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325BH View Post
Regular contractor generators produce that same pure sine wave.
The sine wave may be clean but the frequency varies all over the place with the engine rpm on a contractor generator. Not so with the inverter gen's.
Old 12-02-2017, 12:35 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by aknavy View Post

I'm more disappointed in how loud they are under load. But, didn't want to spend the $$$ on the Honda's, so I'll live with it.

Sounds like it will certainly promote Solitude!!
Old 12-02-2017, 05:25 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbdBlue View Post
The sine wave may be clean but the frequency varies all over the place with the engine rpm on a contractor generator. Not so with the inverter gen's.

Depends which traditional generator you use. Some are rock solid.

Not all inverter generators do pure sine wave, some do modified sine wave... so in both cases, “it depends.”
325BH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator