Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:55 PM   #29
iRV2 No Limits Club
With the newer PDI converters the charge wizard is built in
the pendant monitors and can shift it into boost mode.

Shadowcatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #30
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just installed my charge wizard for my 9160 converter today. I unplugged the MH before installing it. I was surprised to see that the green light started blinking slowly (in the storage charge mode) as soon as I plugged the wizard into the converter. There was no 120 Volts going to the MH at the time. Is this normal?
I guess it's working because once I plugged it into 120 volts , It showed about 13.4 volts at the battery and 14.1 in boost mode. I toggled it back to normal mode and left it. Do I just leave it plugged in all the time and let the 'Wizard' do it's thing?

'05 Damon Daybreak, 3270 on '04 P-32 Workhorse
Parker, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
Originally Posted by max49 View Post
Do I just leave it plugged in all the time and let the 'Wizard' do it's thing?
That's what we do. Our rig came with the PD 9180, and we added the Charge Wizard immediately. It stays plugged in 24/7 while in covered storage.

2016 Ram Longhorn 3500 Dually 4x4 CCLB, 385/900 Cummins, Aisin AS69RC, 4.10
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:53 PM   #32
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Yep... Leave it in and yes thats normal to get the lights even when not plugged into 120V or Genny running.
1999 Fleetwood Bounder 32H
Many Places Full Time
No Dog * No Cat * No Co-Pilot
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #33
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
To Bob. Takes at least six hours to fully charge, longer in the set up you cite.. 4 T-105's means at 50 percent would take 4 hours of FULL OUTPUT on the 9155 to come up to the 90% state. and the PDI converters won't push that hard... my alternative converter is really the Prosine 2.0 inverter and it tapers off as well.
My point was that the Trojans were NEW, should have been a lot higher than 50% and running the generator, powering any of these converters to charge is a waste of fuel and expensive mechanics. It just "sort of" works. After four hours of charging they were still down around 75 or 80%. He would have to plug in at a park for 24 hours to really charge them and even that might not do it. The batteries reject amps when they are not pushed with enough volts. Pathetic!

He bought panels, a Tristar, a Trimetric, spend two days putting it together and I helped him set everything. The batteries ARE now charged. He can run the generator cloudy mornings if he needs bit of help, but he now understands that it does not really charge. Another voice in the wilderness.

Your Prosine can be programmed to do just about anything. It is the most complicated thing there is, but it can be turned into a real charger if you play with it long enough. I hate those things, after spending hours on the phone trying to help old, electrically challenged people thousands of miles away, who pushed the wrong buttons and changed the programming, trying to get their system working again.

Full time boondocker, solar powered, no generator
HandyBob is offline   Reply With Quote