Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-25-2016, 07:46 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Discount Solar, Quartzsite, AZ

If you are looking for a suitcase style soalr panel, controller, adn wires, I found the best rpice for Z Amp solar at Discount Solar in Quartzsite, AZ.

Discount Solar - Alternate Energy for an Alternative World

They don't do phone or mail orders, so if you are going through town and are interested in solar, stop by.

Unless it's April through September. They are closed in the summer! There isn't enough tourism to stay open, and tourists/snow birds/etc. are where Q AZ makes it's money.

200 watts of panels, controller, wires, and a 115 amp hr Full River AGM battery were under $1K

The energy they capture will be free!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2016, 10:16 PM   #2
MPH

Location: Somewhere on the Rainbow. Fulltiming and lovin' it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bigmess View Post
If you are looking for a suitcase style soalr panel, controller, adn wires, I found the best rpice for Z Amp solar at Discount Solar in Quartzsite, AZ.

Discount Solar - Alternate Energy for an Alternative World

They don't do phone or mail orders, so if you are going through town and are interested in solar, stop by.

Unless it's April through September. They are closed in the summer! There isn't enough tourism to stay open, and tourists/snow birds/etc. are where Q AZ makes it's money.

200 watts of panels, controller, wires, and a 115 amp hr Full River AGM battery were under $1K

The energy they capture will be free!
Oh, wow! Would that setup be enough to run my little 10 cubic ft residential fridge? We don't have solar, and didn't think we could afford it; but what you just described is do-able!

Old 01-26-2016, 10:53 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I don't know if it will work. I know nothing about your fridge. I could maybe help you if you had more information about the fridge: wattage or amperage at mains voltage (~ 115 volts), how often it actually runs, and where you intend to use it (Arizona in the summer?)
Old 01-26-2016, 10:58 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
To be clear, this is what I now have:
200 Watt Portable Solar Charging System - Zamp Solar

Tags
quartzsite, solar