Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:50 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Stan&Jacquie, I disagree that it is front to back (as looking at front of refrigerator) Front to back can be 6 degrees, and side to side can be as much as 3 degrees. These proportions are as you are standing looking at the front of the refrigerator. So the door side to the wall side is front to back, and the left and right sides of the refrigerator are side to side. Consider that when the unit is not level side to side the tubing is laid out in that directions so pooling would be at the ends of the tubing and this is where the problem should occur. If the refrigerator is door to wall, then the pooling would be the length of the tubing. JMHO.
yes...I believe you are correct. By front to back, I meant from yhe front of the coach to the back of the coach.

Thanks for they clarification.

Stan&Jacquie is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #30

The answers on this thread are so confusing that I am ALMOST ready to give up the idea of living in my 26' dinosaur and going instead for a cardboard box under the interstate. This is WAY too complicated and physically impossible to accomplish by a disabled female senior citizen.

I say ALMOST because the fridge does work AND I managed to park well enough that the front was off about 1/2 a bubble, the back was spot on and the fridge was less than one off. Worked fine, froze ice...just got lucky.

There's no way I can do all this jack up an 11,000 lb motorhome bs. Lucky for me I have a tiny camping fridge and a big cooler that do not require jacking, stacking, ramping etc. it's bad enough that it appears the house battery is missing for a reason--previous owner neglected to tell me about a little fire...gonna be a wiring issue I also can't handle.

I'm ready for the cardboard box now. Much simpler.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHippie53 View Post
The answers on this thread are so confusing that I am ALMOST ready to give up the idea of living in my 26' dinosaur and going instead for a cardboard box under the interstate. This is WAY too complicated and physically impossible to accomplish by a disabled female senior citizen. I say ALMOST because the fridge does work AND I managed to park well enough that the front was off about 1/2 a bubble, the back was spot on and the fridge was less than one off. Worked fine, froze ice...just got lucky. There's no way I can do all this jack up an 11,000 lb motorhome bs. Lucky for me I have a tiny camping fridge and a big cooler that do not require jacking, stacking, ramping etc. it's bad enough that it appears the house battery is missing for a reason--previous owner neglected to tell me about a little fire...gonna be a wiring issue I also can't handle. I'm ready for the cardboard box now. Much simpler.
please dont be discouraged. The refrigerator will tolerate small amounts of "off level". You just need to know that it is not good for the frig to run when the rig is way out of level (no part of bubble between the level lines). For you , your easiest leveling method would be to run the low spot of the rig up on to boards or the Lego type blocks ( much lighter for you to handle). Also, campers are usually helpful folks who will help you get level when you pull into your site. Just ask!
Stan&Jacquie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:04 AM   #32

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHippie53 View Post
The answers on this thread are so confusing that I am ALMOST ready to give up the idea of living in my 26' dinosaur and going instead for a cardboard box under the interstate. This is WAY too complicated and physically impossible to accomplish by a disabled female senior citizen.

I say ALMOST because the fridge does work AND I managed to park well enough that the front was off about 1/2 a bubble, the back was spot on and the fridge was less than one off. Worked fine, froze ice...just got lucky.

There's no way I can do all this jack up an 11,000 lb motorhome bs. Lucky for me I have a tiny camping fridge and a big cooler that do not require jacking, stacking, ramping etc. it's bad enough that it appears the house battery is missing for a reason--previous owner neglected to tell me about a little fire...gonna be a wiring issue I also can't handle.

I'm ready for the cardboard box now. Much simpler.

I hear you!!
All this measuring in fridges and doorways is a bit daunting to be sure. When I had my TT I had a little level stuck to the outside at the side edge of the body by the front and rear levelers (manual) I lowered the legs onto 2x4s or whatever they are called, watched the bubble in the level until it was centered and did the same at the rear and never had a problem being level;

This time, when I get the 5er , I will stick 4 levels front and rear on each side near the levelers and so be able to do each leg independently with greater ease... my thought is, if it is level outside, it must be level inside ... no?

(I did have one time boondocking behind a church late and dark, where I just parked to sleep until morning and just pulled in and thought I was pretty level and went into the trailer to find myself listing a bit, however it soon became level when I took off one shoe....! )

If my method proves too daunting, I shall find a big roomy box and join you under the bridge..
Old 11-07-2013, 07:40 AM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbounder View Post
My level indicator is my hall bathroom door. I open it half way. If it stays open i'm level.
We do the same. We level to the leveling system lights first to get close then the bathroom door to fine tune.

2004 Winnebago Vectra 40AD - 350 Cummins ISC; Toad 2012 Wrangler 6 speed
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #34

The refrigerator level limits of 3* side to side, and 6* front to back is easy to calculate for your RV using 1 degree = .2" per ft.
For a 24' RV with the frig sitting sideways inside RV that equates to 4.8" difference from front bumper to rear bumper, and 1.6 " difference from drivers side to passengers side. (hope that is clear and logical)

A ballpark rule of thumb is: if you are comfortable walking around, sleeping, eating,etc inside the RV the frig is probably going to operate normally without damage.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #35

Simpler solution-use the fridge for storage like the stove is (because I haven't had money to check the propane tank and with all the other lies this guy told me I don't trust it)

I'm gonna send the guy who sold me this thing a Christmas Card he won't forget like maybe an invite to small claims court...and he had his middle school age kid out there backing up his lies...teaching him to steal and lie young...

Tags
camping, fridge