Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #15
Senior Member
Lindsay Richards's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Tavares, FL
Posts: 1,644
An inverter should be at least 400 watts if the C-Pap or Bi-Pap has a heater as most of the modern ones have. Using an an inverter takes about 5% more power, but sure is easier. You can use it for charging your laptop, phone, ETC.

Lindsay Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2012, 11:44 PM   #16
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 18
I just tested my c-pap(Respironics c-flex with heater.) using my clamp on amp meter and a little amp test cord i have and it draws one amp with the heater.

1 amp x 110 volts = 110 watts.

Some thing i have found very handy is my clamp on amp meter and load test cord.
With it i can test all my 110 volt plug in items and know just what they draw.

For the load test cord take a male and female three prong plugs and wire them together with about 6 inches of wire and tape the ground and neutral wire so that you know what ones they are and leave the hot (black wire) separate so you can clamp one the clamp on amp meter.

I plan to put a small deep cycle battery and 200 amp invertor back in the bed room area of my Bounder just as a dedicated c-pap power supply
i will wire it to both a small solar panel on the roof and through my regular battery system by way of a battery isolator.

This way it will even work if i lose power in a RV park and i can sleep through the night.

I can even plug my alarm clock into the circuit.

augoldminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:31 AM   #17
Senior Member
Lindsay Richards's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Tavares, FL
Posts: 1,644
In your photo, your C-Pap looks a lot like a toaster oven. Just kidding. My Bi-Pap and my C-Pap both had problems on 200 watt inverter and had to go with a 400 watt.

Lindsay Richards is offline   Reply With Quote

electrical, power

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.