Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2018, 10:44 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeAweigh View Post
Our gray water tank is fairly small so anytime I can avoid adding to it is great. Such as running water into a pitcher while it warms, then dumping the pitcher outside.
Why dump good water outside? Use it. It's clean.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2018, 06:26 AM   #58

@twogypsies
You are correct, thanks, it is not wasted. I was reading several forums at the same time and confused myself (which is really easy to do!)
TimeAweigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 10:57 AM   #59

I used mine for the first time while camping last week.

Darn handy for a quick hand rinse or washing the dog's paws off.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:30 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
Yes, it's grey water... even if it doesn't go into the grey tank.

Washing dishes at the hose bib is a very unsanitary practice. We volunteered at a national park and one of our 'jobs' was to dig down one foot under the campground water faucets in order to replace the rock as the surface wasn't draining away fast. What we found was disgusting... People brush their teeth, wash their hair and dump food garbage there.

We also encountered a camper at the outside kitchen sink attached to the bathroom who was naked in the sink taking his bath! He got kicked out and that sink had to be highly sanitized.

Some folks are disgusting and only think about themselves.
Yes!
People are nasty animals and camphosting will let you see the worst of them.
those hose bibs are often clearly marked to be only for collecting water to take back to the site and use, It is not ones kitchen sink. I caught a guy cleaning fish at one. How would you like to be the next person to gather drinking water from that bib? It was the only water source in a campground of 30+ sites. I shut the bib down ( it was well water and pump was run by batteries charged by solar, i just dissconected the batteries from the pump system) until the water could be tested in a few days and I told anyone who asked why it was shut off that the camper on site number so and so decided to clean fish there and for a the safety of all i was forced to shut it off until the water could be tested.
jbrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 05:19 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrv View Post
Yes!
People are nasty animals and camphosting will let you see the worst of them.
those hose bibs are often clearly marked to be only for collecting water to take back to the site and use, It is not ones kitchen sink. I caught a guy cleaning fish at one. How would you like to be the next person to gather drinking water from that bib? It was the only water source in a campground of 30+ sites. I shut the bib down ( it was well water and pump was run by batteries charged by solar, i just dissconected the batteries from the pump system) until the water could be tested in a few days and I told anyone who asked why it was shut off that the camper on site number so and so decided to clean fish there and for a the safety of all i was forced to shut it off until the water could be tested.
If you stay in a full hook-up site, most of the campers before you used the water spigot to rinse their sewer hose by placing the spigot in the end of the sewer hose after dumping their Black and Grey Water. I don't see a lot of difference between this and brushing teeth or cleaning fish. At dump stations they have water for rinsing and a different hose for filling which is usually clearly marked. But not at campsites, where one spigot is used for both, filling and rinsing.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:59 AM   #62

And the water flows out of the pipe preferably through a backflow preventer so all that is needed is to clean off the faucet. Nothing went up the inside of the pipe to cause a problem.

FWIW most people I know carry a short black hose as well as their white one's. Works a lot better than trying to mess with a spigot at close to ground level.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:32 PM   #63

Do have an outside shower tent, and love it for long stays, tapped into the hot and cold exit lines in wet bay with 3/8 air hose that runs to a diverter in the shower. Also brought 20 gallon or so trash can that is set next to pump bay with a valved pex line that goes into can. then valve off water tank, better half can burn that hole can in one shower. Good thing the electric bike and 5 gallon water bottle can scoot a block away for water.

Also have the Main sewer cap with the garden hose attachment. Drill a 16 by 1 inch hole in the ground attach 2 foot hose section that goes 8 into the ground. Then crack the gray tank to a Drip,drip, drip sound. Tank is empty by morning.

Tags
shower