Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2015, 09:50 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Installed 360 siphon and smells are gone!

I replaced the vent covers for my gray and black tanks with the 360 siphon vents. Before the install I could smell black/grey in the rv. After the install the smells were gone. Sounds too good to be true but it worked for me.

The current black tank is about half full and two months old. After the install I even tried holding the flush valve open and still couldn't smell the fumes. Very happy with this product.

I did have to make adapters for my rv. I used a 3/4" piece of PVC and used electrical tape to build up the original pipe. I had to cut off 1/2" off the included adapter for the 360 and build the remaining part with tape.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-05-2015, 02:19 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Got link to the device?
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:01 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The odors in my tanks have gone way down to where I cannot detect them anymore by simply using borax and laundry detergent in my tanks. Helps keep them clean when I dump too, which is a bonus.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that product works. Consider putting this info in the Product Review forum here so others looking for the same solution to a problem can find your review.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:55 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I think this link will work ; http://amzn.com/B001FC7DUC

update; It does require a little wind to create the venturi effect. Yesterday it was dead still and of course it didn't work. I believe even 5mph will allow it to work.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:16 PM   #5

Installed 360 Siphon also

Installed the 360's almost 2 years ago, had the same problem with the smell, they work fantastic, I also use borax and a softener I n the black tank, also works great, used every chemical advertised and the borax combo works the best, that and plenty of water when you flush...
gary276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 02:33 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcnewbie View Post
I think this link will work ; http://amzn.com/B001FC7DUC

update; It does require a little wind to create the venturi effect. Yesterday it was dead still and of course it didn't work. I believe even 5mph will allow it to work.
Consider this...a well sealed black tank should never let odor into the coach from any point with the exception of the toilet when flushed. If that happens your vent system is pressurizing it or at least not letting pressure off. I installed the 360* system and haven't had a problem EXCEPT...and this really isn't caused by the vent when:

1. Very light breeze.
2. Windows open.
3. Fantastic fan running.

What was happening is the there wasn't enough breeze to move the odor. The light breeze would push the odor over the top and down the side away from the breeze. The fantastic fan would suck the odor into the coach through the open window. Closing the down wind window always corrected that problem.

Before we installed the 360s my twirly vent seemed to need a fairly strong breeze/wind to work as advertised. While I didn't have a serious problem with odor, it was noticeable at times. Now gone except as I mentioned above.

BTW...we do not use any chemicals.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 05:08 PM   #7

Boondocking tip?

'97 Country Coach Intrigue
BRex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 05:22 PM   #8

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Sometimes folks don't know what forum they are in when they post something new. It ain't a crime.
Old 10-11-2015, 01:37 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRex45 View Post
Boondocking tip?

Use solar power!

Tags
install, led, smell