Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:08 AM   #15
I've just completed the install of a Go Power 480 watt solar extreme system on our Winnebago. It's a complete kit, and yes of course one could probably part it out & mix & match and get a great system as well, but the Go Power system makes installation and operation fool proof.

On the other hand, nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently talented fool such as I

The only part I did not do myself is hooking the switch up to the AC panel, had an electrician do that for me. Also got him to install a 30 amp plug to the outside of the house.

2017 Winnebago Forza 36G (Puff The Magic Wagon)
2004 Jeep Wrangler 4x4 (Golden Eagle)
YouTube Channel - Nomadic Native
MattTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2015, 05:24 AM   #16
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I suspect what they are trying to say is do not connect directly to a service panel that is connected to the mains.

Many times someone decides to "Backfeed" their house from a generator through and outlet,, Using the outlet as an inlet, and they end up backfeeding more than they bargain for since they forgot to disconnect from the mains..... People have been killed this way.

Thus you always connect via some kind of transfer system.. example:

Honda-Kipor-Yamaha Generator Power Maximizer RV Adapter used, new for sale - www.acefest.com

One is the picture the other and E_bay add..

You plug one of these into the inverter.. Assuming the outlets are in the standard DUPLEX configuration and not side by side.. Then plug the RV into it. (There is a way to do it with side by sides as well but it costs 8 bucks more).

Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote

inverter, wiring