Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #1

My Boondocking youtube channel

I thought I'd start video logging my boondocking adventures on youtube. Now that I'm blogging, I'd like to advertise this to other like minded boondockers. Come follow me in my urban boondocking adventures. I'm hoping to get questions answered, opinions given as well as just having a fun with our way of life.

I'm 34, decided to move to the Bay Area for my career (without a job). I bought an RV for 7k, drove down to San Jose and am now living in it until I can get a job and settle in to the area. I'm mostly living out of parking lots, making deals with craiglisters for power and making liberal use of Starbucks and 24 fitness.

It's just me and my dog, and now all of you. Come join me.

Youtube username: BaywardBoondocker
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHhS...A?feature=mhee
BBoondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #2

nobody cares!
Old 07-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #3

Welcome and good luck...
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #4

i will watch it
nail40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #5

I went to the site, saw nothing of value in titles at all. Left without watching, I can do that by looking out my window.

Ed
Ed-Sommers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:08 AM   #6

Watched one of your videos.

Didn't see anything of value in it at all.

Sorry, won't be back.

Pop
SpringerPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #7

Seems like a lot of useless drivel from what I saw. I watched for about one minute, and that was all I could take. Good luck on what ever it is you are trying to do. I do believe you have to much time on your hands and you think someone might be interested.
Happy Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #8

Didn't see anything of value in it at all.

Sorry,
Jayco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #9

I didn't say I'd be giving you any 'value' out of this, it's for me lol. Sounds like youtube is for a different audience than those used to reading text in forums. Either that, or I've stumbled on a bunch of old know it all grumps! lol. To each his own. jump off a lake.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #10

This doesn't appear to belong on this forum JMHO
macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #11

I have looked through the videos. I like the idea, and will probably do something similar in the future (directed at my family more than John Q. Public).

It's a bit like seeing a car wreck (no offense intended). I haven't seen much that I can use yet, but still check back every few days to see if there is something of use out of it. Until then, it's still entertaining.

I can see how it would be out of the realm (grasp?) of some of the members on this site. Some (again, no offense intended) just seem to have not been on the lower end of the financial scale recently enough to remember what it's like to be low on funds. Though, from watching the videos, I myself have thought that you probably should not be paying $5 (or more?) to "charge your devices" at Starbucks...

To each their own, I guess.
DrivinMyHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:18 PM   #12

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBoondocker View Post
I didn't say I'd be giving you any 'value' out of this, it's for me lol. Sounds like youtube is for a different audience than those used to reading text in forums. Either that, or I've stumbled on a bunch of old know it all grumps! lol. To each his own. jump off a lake.
We're more the "boondocking in the actual boondocks" type(s) here...you might be more comfortable at a site dedicated to "couchsurfing in parking lots", or similar.
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #13
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Sorry man, I kinda have to agree with the others. Pretty dry in the interest dept.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivinMyHome View Post
I have looked through the videos. I like the idea, and will probably do something similar in the future (directed at my family more than John Q. Public).

It's a bit like seeing a car wreck (no offense intended). I haven't seen much that I can use yet, but still check back every few days to see if there is something of use out of it. Until then, it's still entertaining.

I can see how it would be out of the realm (grasp?) of some of the members on this site. Some (again, no offense intended) just seem to have not been on the lower end of the financial scale recently enough to remember what it's like to be low on funds. Though, from watching the videos, I myself have thought that you probably should not be paying $5 (or more?) to "charge your devices" at Starbucks...

To each their own, I guess.
I greatly appreciate this feedback; thanks. I usually buy a $2 drip coffee and get free refills, but yes, there is a cost associated with recharging the batteries. What is your suggestion? -- I was kind of thrown into this urban boondocking lifestyle without adequate funds to invest in a real solar panel array and battery bank. I'm researching this though.

I just thought this would be a place to reach out to other boondockers for feedback just like you've given.

I understand that while the stuff I say is important to MY life, it's regarded as 'drivel' by the masses. I'm just starting out. Perhaps I can improve the quality of the videos with time. Suggestions for video topics are appreciated, as well as constructive feedback. (but who am I kidding, this is youtube after all)

Tags
boondocking