Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 01:48 PM   #141

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Your way is just fine until your bullets pass through the walls of your RV and into mine. And that, to me, is more than just an issue of rights and privacy.

I'm beginning to more and more understand why, while I do try to get along very well with people I find myself neighbors with *and* give them plenty of privacy and not bother them at all, I prefer to get away from people and be alone. Other people bring other problems that I don't sign on to deal with.

Later y'all.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2015, 08:46 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
IMHO, and the way it USED to be in the states, you do things your way and I'll do things my way and the only issue is if your way creates an issue for mine.
totally agree. Things can be overregulated easily by laws and the statement above is the only real law there should be. Education is much more important than laws in my opinion. It's better to have people owning a gun and being well aware of the dangers (like that the bullets actually going through RV walls and little children will do play with everything), than generally forbidding guns and noticing that all of a sudden the "bad guys" with nothing to loose manage to get one.
I'm from Europe and guess what: weapons are almost completely forbidden here. So how come also we do have shootings over here?
The reason is there're already too many weapons around. Lawmakers can't simply snip with their fingers and have everyone turn their gun in.

That's why I say: keep them, educate yourself, educate your children, have pride, honor, take a stand and help somebody if you can. All that while exercising freedom to go and stay wherever you want - as long as you're not interfering with someone elses freedom.

cheers,
Matt

Old 11-11-2015, 09:41 AM   #143
Senior Dude

Forest River Owners Club
This is what gets me.

Firstly, I have no opinion either for or against gun control. I do not own a firearm of any kind. I have shot everything from a sling shot to an artillery gun. I have hunted, but am not an avid hunter. I simply don't like the taste of wild game. My preference.

In Canada, we are not allowed to carry hand guns without a permit. You can only carry a registered hand gun to and from a target range. All firearms have to be registered. Some are prohibited.

After reading this thread, out of curiosity, I decided to google some statistics on gun related homicides. Knowing that Canada is very stringent on gun ownership, I wanted to see how our laws compared to the US with its freedom to bear arms and how it affected the homicide rate.
Keep in mind that it's tough to get stats, but for the purposes of knowing, I pulled up a graph from 2012 on all the major countries. Also to note, I read that most gun related homicides are gang related in Canada, (and may be the same for the US) however, here is what I saw. This graph is based on per 100,000 population. Statistics may vary in later years.

Again, no opinion voiced here and I'm not looking to start an all out assault on gun ownership or right to bear arms, so please don't take this as such.

Just some simple information that interested me enough to share.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	118
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	111680  
Old 11-11-2015, 10:18 AM   #144

I wonder why they don't include middle east countries on those graphs. Or African countries. Probably because every other countries bars would be too small to represent.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:53 AM   #145

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Probably because either homicides in warsof some kind aren't counted, or the statistics are too difficult to keep due to poor .gov record keeping and/or reporting.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:29 PM   #146

National RV Owners Club
Interesting statistics, thanks for posting. Can't help but wonder what the US stats would look like if only the toughest restricted gun States and Cities were not counted.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:48 PM   #147

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The US stats come from the FBI UCR. These are stats that come from any reporting jurisdiction and aggregated into one national report. Are you saying the US FBI UCR only reports stats from high firearms restriction jurisdictions, or something else?
Old 11-11-2015, 01:01 PM   #148
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
This thread is off topic and getting personal , both of which are not permitted here as per our community rules. Let's please get back on topic and discuss it and not each other Thanks

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Old 11-12-2015, 07:49 AM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Cundiff View Post
Agree with 1bigmess that an NRA sticker is an announcement that "here be firearms!!!"

Almost all burglaries are crimes of opportunity. A window or door in a dark area with little to no chance of being caught by a passerby. I would doubt many would be burglars will take the time, effort or RISK to examine windows with a flashlight looking for warning stickers.

On the other hand, burglars are looking for small valuable items they can easily convert to cash. After all, walking down the street with a 55" tv under your arm is just a little conspicuous. Advertising there could be a couple of valuable guns in their might be counterproductive if you're trying to prevent break-ins.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:47 AM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
Someone else shared this link for a company that sells "police grade" directly to the
public. I ordered two recently.

Fox Labs International - Pepper Spray, Mace - Most Intense Pepper Spray Available
I can't find the prices or page to order it there. How is it ordered?

For protection my husband took the classes, got the permit and bought a .45.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:11 AM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
I can't find the prices or page to order it there. How is it ordered?

Big orange button at top right corner of page "Order Now".
Old 11-13-2015, 09:15 AM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
Big orange button at top right corner of page "Order Now".
Thank you.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:36 AM   #153

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Abandon ALL hope if you break into MY DP...nuf said...
Old 11-13-2015, 09:45 AM   #154

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
My wife feels more secure in a campground than at home, we live rural. She likes that people are nearby. Me? Not so much.

Closed Thread