Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toussaint View Post
If you are a boondocker and like lots of people in one area that is only 12% of the entire county but has 250,000 people.....you will like it.....however, check out eastern AZ if you want space, peace and real boondocking....

Could you elaborate re: eastern AZ. maybe on a different post. I woud be interested. Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #16

The problem with western AZ is that ALL...(250,000) the people about and around Q-site and Yuma all flock to a few spots....too many folks regardless of how many millions of empty desert they all find their way into one or two spots...MADNESS. On the other hand, eastern AZ....along the Wilcox-Sunsites-Tombstone area is vast and empty. The closest W-Mart is Benson-Siera Vista....West of Sunsites is the Cochise Stronghold with dispersed camping in the rocks, there are dump stations in town and water.....A person can also rent a home or condo in Sunsites cheaper than renting an RV space around Q-site....

Old 10-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Ryegal
Quartzsite Az.

Hi all I'm in Q now the BLM long term visitors lands are closed until our gov. opens again. It is early in the season and not many people here yet. all the 14 day stays are open to park just host not working. This is just a heads up for new people stock up on groceries are high and not much open. Also keep in mind it is difficult to get cash without paying the bank a 3.00 CHARGE. hope THIS HELPS
Old 10-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #18

Are there any boon-docking groups who fly ultralights out there? PPG or powered hang glider?
Old 10-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't know who they are, but I have seen a lot of them flying over the camping areas on Plamosa Road.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I guess the BLM lands are open again? What was closed exactly? How do you close a desert?

2004 Winnebago Vectra 40AD - 350 Cummins ISC; Toad 2012 Wrangler 6 speed
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:39 PM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Ryegal
az BLM land

The BLM land in Yuma and Quartzsite will open tomorrow for the permits. $180.00 for 7 mos. the 14 day areas have been open and were not having host sign people in till tomorrow. hope this helps if you are new to this please look up senators wash.andor Imperial dam.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi,
I plan to go to Quartzite in January. Are you single? I belong to a group called WINS,
a group of single rvers that meet up in quartzite every year. It can get alot of people showing up but there is so much desert that you can always park. If you have a toad you can get away from the maddening crowd.
Maybe I will see you there.
Linda
tamaridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:15 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryegal View Post
Hi all I'm in Q now the BLM long term visitors lands are closed until our gov. opens again. It is early in the season and not many people here yet. all the 14 day stays are open to park just host not working. This is just a heads up for new people stock up on groceries are high and not much open. Also keep in mind it is difficult to get cash without paying the bank a 3.00 CHARGE. hope THIS HELPS
Closed? I though BLM/NFS government land is for the people, not for the government!
Old 10-27-2013, 11:21 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanan View Post

Closed? I though BLM/NFS government land is for the people, not for the government!
News flash, the government is open again in case you missed it.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #25

I will try to meet and greet....but I am now in eastern AZ doing a re-build on an Alfa Romeo race car....trying to get it ready for a car show in Tubac AZ end of January and then run it in the SILVER STATE CLASSIC OPEN ROAD RACE 2014 in Nevada.....Tooo many projects going just now....how do you RV about with a parrot....lots of crackers?

Toussaint (AKA "Skipper"
Old 10-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
What is the attraction to Quartzsite? I drove through there on the way to a boat race at Lake Havasu a couple weeks ago, and didn't notice anything extraordinary about it. It just looked like more desert to me. Is it just a big party for grownups?

I loved the area between Parker and Lake Havasu. The river was beautiful and clear. Made me wish I had my dive gear with me. I could see doing a drift dive and looking for treasure. Did some serious off-roading right outside the campground. We were there during the week so the Desert Bar was closed.
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 04:51 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Last year was first time.

My wife and I went last year without a RV (didn't have one). We stayed in Blythe at night. This year we are going in our RV. We had a good time and got to the tent early each day (its opens 30 minutes prior to opening) and was out before the mob came. We also attended the Gem show. Good place to see the vendors and talk to other RV folks.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:49 PM   #28

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quartzite is a great big people and RV watching experience. Not great for the scenery
but you can see all kinds of Rvs there. Vintage and totally hand built, and a show where
you can buy anything that is imaginable for your rig. I don't think I will be going there every year but it is an experience no RV'er should miss. Plus there is free camping.
Oh, by the way parrots are like any other pet. They need love ,food ,and a place to sleep. Crackers are optional.

tamaridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quartzsite