Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #29

Is Quartzsite a good place to go if you are in the market for an RV or trying to decide on what you want? How about if you are looking for a good deal on a new or used coach?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #30

Ford Super Duty Owner
You probably wouldn't be able to find so many RVs for sale so close together any place else. A good place to shop.

1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #31

I shopped n Quartzsite last year. Then called a dealer in Laughlin & got a better deal. However, they do have lots of RVs to look at.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. M View Post
Is Quartzsite a good place to go if you are in the market for an RV or trying to decide on what you want? How about if you are looking for a good deal on a new or used coach?
you see a lots without running place to place, you will not find the best deal. it's a good starting point to open your eyes and you'll know what you will be looking for. craigslist and web ads are your best bet.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:01 AM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFit View Post
you see a lots without running place to place, you will not find the best deal. it's a good starting point to open your eyes and you'll know what you will be looking for. craigslist and web ads are your best bet.
Do any of the truck conversions make it there like Renegade, Showhauler, Silver Crown, Haulmark, etc.?
Roadmaster Blackhawk 2, RVI2 Brake System
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #34

We met up with a group from the Boondockers section of SKP about 20 miles west of Quartzite on way down to Baja (Elaine had broken left wrist at Organ Pipes and had to go through 6 weeks of PT). This is a great group and about 20 rigs dispersed over acres. Elaine wanted to see the Quartzite gathering. Never again! Felt like we were in the middle of Hong Kong or New York City on market day.
Reed and Elaine
Old 11-26-2013, 01:15 PM   #35

The real MOB hasn't arrived yet. See it in January.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #36

We visited Quartzite the one time because Elaine wanted to see it and we were meeting up with a great crew of Boondockers from Escapees about 20 miles to the west on dispersed camping. Never again. Would rather have a root canal without benefit of anaesthesia.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Cundiff View Post
We visited Quartzite the one time because Elaine wanted to see it and we were meeting up with a great crew of Boondockers from Escapees about 20 miles to the west on dispersed camping. Never again. Would rather have a root canal without benefit of anaesthesia.
That's what's great about RVing. To each his own. Huge crowds are fun..... for a little while.... like a week or 2. We're looking forward to it. Did Mardi Gras and can't be any more crowded that Bourbon St. on M.G at 9pm... Not a square foot free. It was a blast! Next we're looking forward to Big Bend N.P. for some solitude then Q for the crowds again. FUN FUN FUN

2004 Winnebago Vectra 40AD - 350 Cummins ISC; Toad 2012 Wrangler 6 speed
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #38

Crowds are fun once in a while. It isn't like I'm going to live there. Most popular places draw a crowd where ever you go. I guess if I didn't like crowds I wouldn't go to restaurants, RV shows, museums etc. What a boring life that would be.
Old 11-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #39

I will be visiting it for the first time this year as well.

How much of a line should one expect at water/dump stations? I have to dump roughly every 4-7 days depending on usage. I have a recirculating toilet and about 22-23 gallons of fresh/grey storage total.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:45 AM   #40

They have people directing the RVers as they come in. Most of the lines were for propane. You pay then the direct you to fresh water area then dump area. Moves pretty fast. They only let you flush black tank with 5 gallons of water.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #41

My toilet takes about 3-4 gallons to charge (I forget the exact amount, you fill until it reaches a line. Normally I refill to charge, flush it, then drain it again for good measure but I don't know if it's really needed.

At the very least, it's good for rinsing the hose before I move it to the grey water outlet. The design of this motorhome has separate outlets for grey and black water due to the exhaust pipe placement.

I might do best to buy a collapsing 5 gallon water jug for recharging my toilet since it's somewhat time consuming to fill on the spot. Emptying the toilet takes a bit more time too. I have to hookup, come back inside, open the drain valve, let it drain, close it, go back outside and move it to grey. Then I have to go back in and recharge the toilet. But as I said, I might just full a collapsing jug and go do that after I move back to my parking spot. It just involves filling it with water and 8oz of chemical (I prefer liquid) then flushing it good to circulate the chems.

Where do you get your fresh water? It's REALLY time consuming to fill my fresh water tank. The way the filler hose runs, it poorly drains into the tank so you end up with a lot of backlogged water and poor venting, so it likes to spit out if you don't pause a lot during the filling processes. The more full it gets, the worse the 'spitting' gets.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #42

Ford Super Duty Owner
At the BLM LTVA (Long Term Visitor Area) the wait is usually about 30 minutes depending on the time of day, sometimes only a couple of minutes. They close the dump at 5:00 PM. To use the dump, fresh water and dumpsters you must buy a pass, $40 for two weeks or $180 for the whole season. This pass is good at all the LTVAs in Arizona and California. We usually camp in the 14 day sites until we need to dump and then get an LTVA pass and then park at the LTVA.

1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
quartzsite