Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hilley View Post
Unfortunately the Imperial Dam showers are only cold. Over at the recreation area they do have pay showers.
At least I could use a camp shower outside without filling my grey water tank. I don't know if I could use one of those "shower tents" and a camp shower outside at La Posa since the water goes on the ground.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #72

How is the availability of RV supplies at QS? Just wondering if I should buy an extra supply of my toilet chem before I get there. Maybe I should anyway since prices may be a lot higher there. I use the 8oz liquid of Campa Chem. Per oz, it's no more expensive than the big single bottles. Since it takes 8oz for my toilet, I just dump it all in and rinse out the bottle into the bowl to get as much of it out as I'm filling it up with fresh water.

I have already stocked up my pantry as full as I can get it with some canned and boxed foods that only need water and/or mixed up powdered milk to cook. I'm working on eating up the contents of my 120v only dorm fridge in the meantime. (Kind of wish i had kept that half way cooling Dometic, maybe it was just the extreme summer heat that it hated..)

Old 12-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #73

Ford Super Duty Owner
No problem with getting RV supplies in Quartzsite, you can even find good prices. There is a Walmart in Parker, 30 miles north on 95. There are three grocery stores and a produce store in a tent. There is also a dollar store that has groceries and produce.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #74

We pulled into Q'site yesterday afternoon and are staying at the Desert Gardens. It's not the prettiest place we have ever stayed, but by far, not the worst. The price for a month is $225 + electric for full hookups. The park seems to be pretty quiet with no noise from trains, planes and limited road noise. So far, I am pleased. The water has good pressure and seems to taste ok. We have 30amp electric and it's working just fine. Hookups look pretty modern. We figured that we could camp cheaper in the desert but would spend so much time dumping and getting water and running the generator that it would be just about as expensive. I realize that RV parks are not for everyone, but we are into comfort. :-)

If you are wanting a place to stay, I think there are spaces available here.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #75

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'll bump this post to see if it gets going... We'll be there 1/3 to 1/28 approx. Would love to try the irv2 area

2004 Winnebago Vectra 40AD - 350 Cummins ISC; Toad 2012 Wrangler 6 speed
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #76
Moderator Emeritus

Guys, I've just merged a duplicate thread (which was recently "bumped") with this one since our rules don't allow duplicates.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #77

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
[QUOTE=stonekeepers;1835624]We pulled into Q'site yesterday afternoon and are staying at the Desert Gardens. It's not the prettiest place we have ever stayed, but by far, not the worst. The price for a month is $225 + electric for full hookups. The park seems to be pretty quiet with no noise from trains, planes and limited road noise. So far, I am pleased. The water has good pressure and seems to taste ok. We have 30amp electric and it's working just fine. Hookups look pretty modern. We figured that we could camp cheaper in the desert but would spend so much time dumping and getting water and running the generator that it would be just about as expensive. I realize that RV parks are not for everyone, but we are into comfort. :-)

If you are wanting a place to stay, I think there are spaces available here.[/QUOTE

stonekeepers,

Hows the Desert Gardens???
I checked Desert Gardens after reading your post and got a response this morning. I got a reservation form for Jan 18th. Do I need to fill out the forms or did you leave? Is it okay? Showers?
Hows the weather? All settled in? I can't wait to get there
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #78

The fun of of Quartzsite is boone docking. Also putting up large antennas for ham radio. Mile post 99 is best place. That is where the techie geeks hang out from all over the USA and Canada. If you're not into techie geek stuff a hum drum RV park would work out OK.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:39 PM   #79

We have been in Q since Oct 5th. We are on a leased lot as carrying water and poop gets old. We totally enjoy the laid back atmosphere. Every one is friendly and we enjoy the
desert. Just come and enjoy whether for a short or long stay. Q is unique.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:43 AM   #80

Hi spritz.

Desert Gardens is fine. It's as nice as any if the parks here and better than a lot if them.

Yesterday, we joined the QIA (Quartzsite Improvement Association). They have dances, classes, craft shows, dinners, etc. cost to join is only $5 and the events are reasonable.

On Thursday we will join the gem and mineral club. It costs more but they have workspace with equipment to polish stones and make jewelry. And they also lead rock hunting field trips :-)

There are also activities at the rv park (and other parks). So, in addition to all of the shows and vendors around there is music and other stuff to do. I am having a hard time trying to decide.

I don't know where the irv2 area might be. I have never seen so many RVs in one place and it's still early yet.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:46 AM   #81

Weather is not like Florida but is not quite as cold as other parts of the country. It's supposed to be warmer in a couple of days. Haven't seen any rain or snow. Just cold and wind. At least it's sunny.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #82

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
Guys, I've just merged a duplicate thread (which was recently "bumped") with this one since our rules don't allow duplicates.

Rick
Thanks RickO, consolidation makes it much easier

2004 Winnebago Vectra 40AD - 350 Cummins ISC; Toad 2012 Wrangler 6 speed
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonekeepers View Post
Weather is not like Florida but is not quite as cold as other parts of the country. It's supposed to be warmer in a couple of days. Haven't seen any rain or snow. Just cold and wind. At least it's sunny.
No it's not Florida, but wait a minute because daytime temps can be quite warm in winter months you will see.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:51 PM   #84

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We are getting excited,It's been pretty chilly up here between -10 and +10 I started her up again today. The gennie hasn't been started for about a month and it fired right off. I got a bad battery that I have to replace next week. We got the CB installed and am installing the new stereo tonight but it don't work so we are going to try again tomorrow.
I think I know the answer to this but I have to ask. Does the gennie in a 82 PA have a battery back there or is it connected to the front battery's? I have never seen one back there.
Thanks for the info if all goes well we plan on being there around the 18th of Jan unless the MH is froze to the ground...
Tim

spritz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quartzsite