Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #99

dome rock road is a long stretch along i-10. both east and west are good. in the middle it changes name to kuehn st.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2014, 10:12 AM   #100

BLM Permit

Thanks to all for some great information! We are planning a few days in Quartzsite in about a week, on our way to California and everyone talks about the free 14 day BLM pass. This may be a stupid question but where do you get the pass? Do they have a gate to go through with rangers, or do you pick your spot and then go to town for it? May be a silly question but I just don't want to have hubby drive aimlessly through town(new Entegra Aspire with toad-getting used to the bigger size) and tell me I should have researched more!! Thanks to all for the help!

sgrecu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:21 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrecu View Post
Thanks to all for some great information! We are planning a few days in Quartzsite in about a week, on our way to California and everyone talks about the free 14 day BLM pass. This may be a stupid question but where do you get the pass? Do they have a gate to go through with rangers, or do you pick your spot and then go to town for it? May be a silly question but I just don't want to have hubby drive aimlessly through town(new Entegra Aspire with toad-getting used to the bigger size) and tell me I should have researched more!! Thanks to all for the help!
We also plan on attending the event through mid week... any suggestions or archive on what to do or where to hang out at... Please advise
Old 01-05-2014, 10:29 AM   #102

If you see an RV at a pull off point with a flag usually a volunteer filling out those forms. However, I have gone to Q several times. Never saw anyone, and just pulled over and camped. Too many RVers, not enough volunteers and rangers. I suspect BLM just wants forms filled out to justify their budget. Just don't park in a dry wash. They do flood. Check out the ground surface before driving off the road. Lots of places to park. If you are from the east the expance of land and camping will be a real experience.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:33 PM   #103

Fleetwood Owners Club
Been going for years and never filled out anything like wyrancher says, too many RVers and not enough people to check, write or enforce it all. There are thousands and thousands of RVs there in Jan, Have fun and enjoy
Old 01-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #104

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We will be unable to attend this season. We really had our hearts set on going. Sooo bummed. Hopefully everyone is haveing fun. Anyone tell us how it is out there? Please don't mention the weather, suppose to go down to - yes - 35 tonight.
Thanks, Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:44 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrecu View Post
The LTVA blm area on Poso wash is south on 95 and has a check in building at the entrance. There is one area with in walking distance to the tent, both sides of 95 and another 2 miles farther south. Buying their permit allows you to use the BLM dump site and water.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:47 PM   #106

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I was thinking of heading out that way to Quarztsite in a week or two are we to late then? If so may just go to Florida and wait till next year. I keep hearing about it and wanted to go. We would be driving from Indiana, thinking of going the northern route. Hubby said if I do I better really move along as the weather could change quick. I will go across to Florida on the southern route on the way back up to Indiana. I can be gone from 3 to 7 weeks before he gets back home.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:02 PM   #107

Ford Super Duty Owner
It would be just about the perfect time to be there. Leaving myself from North Dakota on Saturday. Will get there the following Sunday.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:13 PM   #108

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
What are the dates of the exhibits and things out there, from.. to. It's just myself and my daughter who has Williams Syndrone, she is 42. We travel together and have a ball and also our kitty Miss Black who is 18 going on 19.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:44 PM   #109

If I recall everything starts about Jan 19
Old 01-06-2014, 04:22 PM   #110

Ford Super Duty Owner
It starts January 18th

31st Annual Sports, Vacation and RV Show

Pow Wow January 22nd to January 26th, 2014
Annual Pow Wow Rock and Mineral Show #47
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:38 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatStab View Post
I was thinking of heading out that way to Quarztsite in a week or two are we to late then? If so may just go to Florida and wait till next year. I keep hearing about it and wanted to go. We would be driving from Indiana, thinking of going the northern route. Hubby said if I do I better really move along as the weather could change quick. I will go across to Florida on the southern route on the way back up to Indiana. I can be gone from 3 to 7 weeks before he gets back home.
Not sure about the northern route. It's a guess as to the weather anytime in the winter. Flagstaff can give you just about anything.

We are going from Indiana too. Not sure how we will go but for sure will get south as fast as possible. I never plan much for a route. Just head that way. Probably go thru Dallas and check out George W. Bush new library. Then get down to I-10.

As to rather it too late. Not sure why that be the case. A few million acre out there to set up camp on. One can go into town & use dump station & get water for a fee.

Lots of things out there to see. My guess you will want to stay out there someplace instead of traveling back to Florida if you don't have to be in Florida.

I think the main show is the jan 18 to 26. Anything RV is there.

Russell
Old 01-06-2014, 10:14 PM   #112

The biggest problem you will have is once out west you will never want to go back east.

Tags
quartzsite