Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #155

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
knock on door in middle of night while boondocking-what to do?

Go back to sleep, and let them keep knocking.
As my sainted Mother told me, "nothing good happens after midnight"

Another interesting thought if you want to get up and fight it out if need be. The second your weapon goes off you are looking at $10,000 in Lawyer fees to start with !!

If their problem has not resolved itself by the morning , I will check with you after my cup of coffee. In the meantime feel free to die or sleep under my motorhome and enjoy yourself until I deal with you in the AM.

Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2012, 02:32 AM   #156

I think staying at a place such as the Wal-mart parking lot is for emergency sleepy times and for only a few hours. If someone knocks at the door I think you should ask in a stern voice "can I help you". But in this day and time, even if they said I need help I probably would not open the door. Sad but that's the time we live in. I have a gun and know how to shoot it... in a calm environment; the dump of adrenalin mentioned earlier changes everything. I think most people knocking on your door are up to no good and hoping no one is home to steal whatever you might have for drug money.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:10 AM   #157

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
But in this day and time, even if they said I need help I probably would not open the door. Sad but that's the time we live in.
Same for me with the exception of the word probably. I would DEFINITELY not open the door to a late night knock under any circumstances.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #158

I pay for good rv campsites. I never subject myself to risk. I never invite it. The extra money is chump change. I sleep very well

http://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #159

Walmart parking lots and rest stops are among the most dangerous locations in the world. I have 30 years experience in military combat arms and treat those locations a little like a free fire zones. Always prepared and several options available to get out. The price is right, but the risk is just too high for me.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #160

I'm doing what I think is a simple layer of protection. I've found an in-expensive CCTV (less than $200) that has a tight fitting camera (with night vision) that more resembles a clearance light and a 4.3 inch color monitor. I have a small place under the OH storage unit with easy viewing of the monitor. It is also away from the door and close to my weapon of choice.
I roll with 2 Boxers that will also be the first 2 people leaving the RV, if I open the door. Installing this system should eliminate the panic of knock, knock, knock. I'll do a follow-up after the installation is complete
For the curious folks, the company I found is Tadi Bros in Cali. This is not an advertisement or endorsement, only a tip for like minder RVers. I hope this helps and would like to hear your comments. Bill
Old 03-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #161

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vraines View Post
Walmart parking lots and rest stops are among the most dangerous locations in the world. I have 30 years experience in military combat arms and treat those locations a little like a free fire zones. Always prepared and several options available to get out. The price is right, but the risk is just too high for me.

Are there or where are the statistics to prove this?
C&SL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #162

The only thing I have ever heard on the news, is mobs hitting the inside of the stores to do a gang steal, and I think that only happened once or twice in different cities. More like a fad that never caught on.
Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #163

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by vraines View Post
I have never read anything in motorhome publications or the news about Walmart motorhome parking crimes.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #164

Newmar Owners Club
Walmart buildings inside and out have more security camera's than the White House! And bad people know it, the camera's are all over all the lighting poles and the whole top edge of the buildings covering every square inch of thier property inside and out. Never a problem in my travels for me or never heard of a bad story for that matter.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #165

It's probably a rumor spread by campground owners.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #166

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Between this and the burning Norcolds there seems to be an inordinate amount of paranoia. The way I figure it, soon we will see parked Motorhomes circled with concertina wire with a fire truck on standby.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #167

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
Between this and the burning Norcolds there seems to be an inordinate amount of paranoia. The way I figure it, soon we will see parked Motorhomes circled with concertina wire with a fire truck on standby.

Dam(that's Imperial) I left my paranoia back in my stx&brx
Old 03-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
Not I. Me gots plenty of protection. They're solar powered and have light sensors.

Tags
door