Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #169

Newmar Owners Club
Dunner, that is funny, I have two of those dingo's guarding my back door on the house, mine are a bit colder than yours though.....

"Maybe the Dingo's Ate your Bab-ie"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07187.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	225.4 KB
ID:	34317  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #170

Couldn't find any locally, so I ordered from Sears. They had them sent from an outside vendor and got here the day before I left for that trip. They're about as fragile as a Xmas tree ornament. I store them the the syrofoam blocks and boxes they came in.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #171

National RV Owners Club
Our "canine doorbells" would be the first clue that something bad could happen if we opened the door. (Nothing would, but what do they know?)

JoAnn
Old 03-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #172

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
You Are Too Funny!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunner View Post
Not I. Me gots plenty of protection. They're solar powered and have light sensors.

Gotta luv low key security!!

Sheila
~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #173

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka7suz View Post
Our "canine doorbells" would be the first clue that something bad could happen if we opened the door. (Nothing would, but what do they know?)

JoAnn
I have those too! They hear things before it ever gets close to the coach. I turn on the lights (I have a remote control on inside) that lights up the outside and windows, to see out, on each side of the door.

Sheila
~ Salt Creek Recreation Area Olympic Peninsula, Washington ~
PNWGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNWGirl View Post
Gotta luv low key security!!

Sheila
Well.... they are facing the Mexico border, less than a mile away.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #175
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Reminder. Discussion of weapons is not permitted here. "
General discussions of politics, general government policies, weaponry, gun rights and religion are not allowed in ANY areas of iRV2. Discussions about current or pending legislation or regulations, weapons and religion that directly pertain to RVing are acceptable but will be closed or removed if they wander off topic or become disruptive."
Thanks
Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #176

Fleetwood Owners Club
What exactly is the low tech solar powered pink flamingos? I've never seen them.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #177

They have a tiny solar panel, on-off switch, rechargeable battery, light sensor and an LED inside them.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:49 PM   #178

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
What exactly is the low tech solar powered pink flamingos? I've never seen them.
They have motion sensors on them and after dark if motion is detected they come to life and you won't see them coming and you will not survive thier rath
Old 03-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #179

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
They have motion sensors on them and after dark if motion is detected they come to life and you won't see them coming and you will not survive thier rath
What a great idea ! My wife is Italian, not only is she Italian, she is Sicilian. Anyone caught screwing around with her Pink Flamingo Yard Art is doomed !!! It would not be pretty !
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #180

A buddy of mine had a problem with someone helping themselves to his garden and fruit trees at night.

He asked around with the neighbours, nobody knew or saw anything.

He bought one of those motion-activated lawn sprinklers they sell for scaring deer away. Second night it was out he heard a female scream around 1am.

He went out to find the sprinkler running and wet foot prints leading down his driveway and across the street to the nurse across the road who works afternoons and gets home around 1am.

He knocked on the door and asked if she needed a towel.

I image those things would work pretty well with an on-demand pump too.

Personally, I prefer the McGyver method, a motion sensor that lights the fuse on a pack of M-80 firecrackers.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #181

It happened!

Well, it was over a year ago that I originated this post and sure enough I had an incident happen on my trip home from Florida last week. We had dinner and then stayed overnight at a Cracker Barrel restaurant in Dunn, NC off of RT 95. At 1:00AM my wife heard a knock on the door and woke me up. I peeked out the door to see who was there. The inside of the coach was dark and the parking lot was lit so I could see out without anybody seeing in. I saw this character standing there waiting for me to answer (which I was not going to do) and he knocked again. After about 3-5 minutes of silence he walked off and left. In the morning I asked another RV owner who had also stayed there if they had a knock and yes they had! The wife had opened the door slightly..big no, no!! Fortunately all that happened was the apparent vagrant asked for money, she said no and he moved on..probably to our coach. In the morning at breakfast I reported the situation to a couple local police also having breakfast and they felt they knew who the vagrant was as he had been hanging around the general area. I think the important lesson here is do not open the door for any reason.. you are safe inside. I thought it was interesting that after all the talk this post had generated that sure enough the day came when I had to deal with it and all ended well.
win35p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:49 AM   #182

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok, I'm finished with this thread. Afer all the talk of knifes, guns and frying pans. Spy cameras, meat eating pink flamingos and driving away. And all that happened was Nothing! Sorry this want make a good movie. (Does confirm or safe zone is where we make it) Glad it turned out good-mayby just the loss of sleep.

Tags
door