Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2015, 07:22 AM   #1

Shower - interesting minor issue.

Anyone have this same issue. I currently have both a 5th wheel and a smaller TT. A typical shower is turn water on. Get wet, use the water stop valve on the shower head to turn the water off. Soap up good. Then use the showerhead valve to turn the water back on.

On the 5th wheel when I do this the water is too hot for a second or two. On the TT the water is cold for only a second or two.

Why is the water not comfy warm like when I shut it off?
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2015, 07:40 AM   #2

Any RV I've ever had did the same. My solution is after soaping up to rinse off is to take the shower head and rinse the shower walls off before rinsing me. LOL
Afubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:04 AM   #3

RV shower heads are like women, some are too hot, some are too cold, but if you keep looking you will find one just right.
Happy Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:22 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Don't turn it all the way off, let it trickle. That helps to keep the temp the way you originally set it.
Old 08-22-2015, 08:58 AM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
You've probably never done the same thing at home, where the same thing will happen.
Old 09-09-2015, 12:09 PM   #6

happens to me also...so I just hit the water control valve off and turn it on when done and the temp is stable...wouldn't think it any different but it does work...
Old 09-09-2015, 05:22 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This is very very common, you either get hot or cold when you turn it back on.. Switch to an oxygenics Shower Head with what they call the pulse techonology cut off valve.. Basically it dribbles.

I got a cut off valve from, I think Mennards (one of the big box home improvement stores with indoor lumberyard) It too dribbles when off.

problem solved.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:10 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Depending on how your RV is plumbed one or the other(either hot or cold) will always take over due to one being at a higher pressure than the other.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 12:58 PM   #9

LA Gulf Coast Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Prospector View Post
RV shower heads are like women, some are too hot, some are too cold, but if you keep looking you will find one just right.
If you use the correct knob, you can adjust them.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:46 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Kiwi,
that's a little out there !!!!

But FUNNY and true on SO many levels

Appreciated
And coming from a Nawlins guy !
Old 09-25-2015, 06:15 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Smile Worst problem of the day!

This happens to me as well and it always makes me smile. I'm retired and this is the worst thing that will happen to me that day.
I love it!
Snyderwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 06:52 AM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Upgrade to an Oxygenics shower head.. Now. in truth the shower head makes absolutely NO difference Not one bit, to this complaint.

But the "Smart Pulse" Cut off valve allows just a little water to dribble through when cut off, it is not a 100% cut off... And that.. WILL make a big difference..

Don't want to spend that much? Well I got a shower cut off valve (Specifically a shower cutoff valve) at Mennards (Competitor of Lowes and Home Depot) and it does exactly the same thing.

And again it solves the problem.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:18 AM   #13

Our Shower Head Cutoff Valve in our new Nash 23d allows a bit of dribbling when 'Off'. I was wondering what was up with that? Thanks to yet another informative Thread here, I think I've got my answer. The Water temp still fluctuates 'too' much.

When building our Solar Retirement house, I put in 2 kinda-pricey Shower Controls. Bi-metallic Coils inside instantly adjust passively for Water temp changes, and keep the Shower Water temp extremely stable. So, no worries anymore about a simultaneous Toilet Flush, or Kitchen Sink rinse-off.

These >$200- Controls might be more of a Big Rig Upgrade, since they take a 2"x4" Wall to fit into.
Engineer Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shower