Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-14-2015, 06:47 PM   #1

Trojan T105 6v batteries Nashville Tn.

I am in the Nashville area, I am looking for a couple of Trojan T105 6v batteries for our Jayco Travel trailer... So far the best price I've found in the are at $125 ea _ $15.00 core charge.

folks had suggested to check out Costco for the 6volt Golf Cart batteries they carried.. I check our local Nashville store today (2 of them) and they do not carry the GC batteries and only carry a Marine/RV deep cycle battery 12 V 600 CCA, 160 RC not even a match to the 6 Volt route..

So, hopefully there is some out here in the Nashville area that has a source for the Trojans.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2015, 06:59 PM   #2

Sams Club carrys 6 volt GC batteries. They are Duracell Brand.

Old 01-14-2015, 07:27 PM   #3

Thanks... I'll check them out.. but I was really trying for the Trojan T105's I've read so many good things about them... but, Ill check out the Duracell specs. I don't have a Sams club card but I think my neighbor does.
Thanks..
Dave
Old 01-14-2015, 07:29 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Call a Golf Course and ask to talk to the Cart Wrangler.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 06:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvtexan View Post
Call a Golf Course and ask to talk to the Cart Wrangler.
Now there's an idea. I finally figured that I needed to go to a golf cart store to find them and they had better prices than I had seen online. The real trick is to find old batteries to absorb the core charge.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 06:30 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
$125 is a good price for Trojans.
In my area I paid $150 including tax over a year ago.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 06:51 AM   #7

This is what I bought last October at a Costco.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20141006_110032 1024 x 768.jpg
Views:	647
Size:	252.5 KB
ID:	83325  
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:51 AM   #8

Well, that is a great find at Costco.. unfortunately here in Nashville they do not carry them.. the only batteries they have are the "Marine/RV" interstate batteries with the lower 600 CCA. I guess there isn't enough folks in the area that have golf carts.

I've contacted a few folks at "Golf Cart Sales" and the best I've found was $125 with Core Exchange, or $140 with out for the Trojan T105's.

Ive seen postings on forums that in Florida I guess there is a price war and some folks reported buying the T105's for $85 with Core Exchange...

I don't need them for a couple of months so I have time to search, I will buy 2 together with similar date codes when I do.. I also need to find a battery box. Does anyone know if there is a box for putting 2 T105's in the same box or is it better to use 2 boxes for better ventilation?
Old 01-15-2015, 08:14 AM   #9

Make sure you ask the service manager at Costco about the batteries. They have a book they order from and can get you almost anything. I got them to give me a quote on the large Michelin tires for my coach and the price beat anything I saw elsewhere. I specifically asked about mounting theses large tires and he said sure no problem. He didn't have any tires in the size I was looking for but said he could order almost anything.
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 08:33 AM   #10

When I was at Costco yesterday I asked the guy in the Tire shop, (he was a mechanic) and he said he had worked at both stores and that they don't have them and it's up to the buyer... but hey, the phone call is free... I'll give it a shot latter today and see if I can get any answers.

We have an Interstate store (which are also the distributor) 3 miles from me, they have several GC batteries I guess I can go down and Kick tires with them and see if they would bend. I'm not sure but most folks I've read think the Trojans are a better heavier battery... If buy from Costco it's a 100 mile Round Trip for me... so I need to think about that as well...

Thanks for the suggestion Bigd9

By the way, we enjoy coming up to Dale Hollow State Resort from time to time to camp.. real nice place for sure.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidki View Post

I don't need them for a couple of months so I have time to search, I will buy 2 together with similar date codes when I do.. I also need to find a battery box. Does anyone know if there is a box for putting 2 T105's in the same box or is it better to use 2 boxes for better ventilation?
Here you go:
Battery Boxes (Battery Related Items) ~ All Battery Sales and Service

I got the NOCO dual 6V box for my installation. The NOCO has hand screws to fasten the top and screw holes at each bottom corner to mount to compartment floor.
The Century boxes can be had in side-by-side or in end-to-end models Snap on top and no hold mounting. Use battery box straps or framing to hold in place.
SkiSmuggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 01:20 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Trojan T105 6v batteries Nashville Tn.

Might check Craigslist. Is San Diego I have seen an outfit advertise there with good prices on Trojan 105's. I bought 4 delivered and installed with a watering system at a good price at a FMCA rally last year.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:02 PM   #13

Here is what Sam's Club has here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0115151336.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	83347  
Old 01-15-2015, 03:25 PM   #14

I called Costco Nashville this morning, they are not interested in ordering the GC batteries, they said that they stopped bringing them in 2 or 3 years ago and get very little calls or inquires for them... so there goes that one..

Thanks for the info on the boxes, I'll check them out..

I've been watching Nashville Craigslist, couple of guys (dealers advertize) at dealers list price... no deal here... One guy had 2 for sale 1 year old for the same price as new ones... go figure...

I"ll check with my neighbor and see when they are going to Sams next.. Problem is, both Costco and Sams are 50 miles each way for us... (sure got spoiled when we lived in Southern California, there was one about every 10 miles).

I did go over to Interstate, they quoted me $153.00 ea + core charge.. in other words List price.... geeze, whats with these folks.. didn't even blink when I asked if they discount... Oh well... but, they are only about 5 miles away from us.

So, there my up to date report, Sure appreciate all the comments, suggestions and feedback.... It may be I'll just spring for the Trojans and bite the bulllet, right now they are cheaper than the Interstate!.

Tags
batteries