Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 10:16 AM   #127

Damon Owners Club
I want to compliment all posters in this discussion. This is probably the best discussion I have read on firearms protection and there is a lot of good info presented here. Whether or not I carry, is personal to me and is my business.

I am in my late 60's and nowhere near the physical condition I was in when I was younger. There are a lot of ways to protect oneself and I would not hesitate to use any of them if my family's or my safety were to be compromised. The resulting outcome could go either positively or negatively. All I know is that I would give it my best and utilize anything available to ensure a positive outcome. Having said that, I would take responsibility for my actions. Whatever the situation, I would take action (retreat, evade or defend) and not just stand there and let "it" happen.

In my earlier life there was an incident in which I felt it necessary to display a firearm. To this day, I firmly believe that had I not done so, my family would have been seriously injured or even worse. The display of the firearm successfully deterred the threat and we were able to safely complete our trip. I was prepared to follow through if necessary.

I firmly believe in the 7 "P's"

PROPER PRIOR PLANNING PREVENTS P*** POOR PERFORMANCE!

And if that includes a firearm, so be it.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
I believe in being armed no matter what the law states. However even though I would have no qualms about shooting a perp I do realize that I would probably hesitate in pulling the trigger and that will get me killed. The only reason I would hesitate, #1, is it a drunken or disoriented friend ? #2 I just woke up and am still groggy.
I also carry a can of Wasp spray that I would not hesitate to use in any threating situation wether it be man nor beast.
Even though I think I'm bad a--, I'm not sure I want to spend my life savings defending my actions in court.
Like Dirty Harry said "A mans got to know his limitations"
I'll agree with Chuck 1935

Old 02-24-2011, 10:33 AM   #129

I am not sure if my wife or daughter would or could use a handgun. They know how to use them and have been taught about them but I don't know if they would. So I have non lethal means at their disposal, wasp spray or pepper spray.

I on the other hand know how, when, and If I could use a handgun so I will have one on hand.

As a matter of fact due to this thread and recently getting a smaller auto I am taking a concealed carry class this Saturday.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:44 AM   #130
a k

Newmar Owners Club
Just get them girls a JUDGE and put #8 in the first chamber and then AAA in the next 4. If they are still coming after the first shot the second thru fourth will drop them and their aim doesn't have to be that good.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:36 PM   #131

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by a k View Post
Just get them girls a JUDGE and put #8 in the first chamber and then AAA in the next 4. If they are still coming after the first shot the second thru fourth will drop them and their aim doesn't have to be that good.
don't get caught with the judge in california. it is a felony. due to California's peculiar gun laws the judge is illegal on at least 3 counts. it is considered a revolving shotgun even though the barrel is rifled and it is considered a short barreled shotgun. the judge is not and has never been approved for sale in california.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
Old 02-24-2011, 06:44 PM   #132
a k

Newmar Owners Club
What if you us 45 CAL in it? Is it illegal to buy or even have it?

I don't leave home without it, I don't care what Cal says.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:00 PM   #133
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Some states have lists of firearms not approved for sale in the state, so it's the model not the usage.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:12 PM   #134

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by a k View Post
What if you us 45 CAL in it? Is it illegle to buy or even have it?

I don't leave home without it, I don't care what Cal says.
my ccw instructor in nevada said that the judge is illegal to possess in california even if it is not loaded and cited several sources on the internet to back him up. i didn't believe it until googled it.
the feds say that because it has a rifled barrel, the judge is not a shotgun. i use my dw's .357 ladysmith and remington 870 in california.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
Old 02-24-2011, 07:31 PM   #135

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have shotgun that has a rifled barrel that will shoot shotshells or slugs. Would that also be illegal in Ca.? Is it a rifle or shotgun?
Old 02-24-2011, 07:57 PM   #136

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by az bound View Post
I have shotgun that has a rifled barrel that will shoot shotshells or slugs. Would that also be illegal in Ca.? Is it a rifle or shotgun?
the rifling in the judges barrel makes it not a shotgun for federal gun law purposes.
imho for your shotgun, it would depend on the length of the barrel and type of magazine and if it is on the approved list for sale in california.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:11 AM   #137

Just use these Product design in your shotgun. It is slugs - with an attitude. This way you can carry your shotgun in your RV and be legal in nearly every state of the Union.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Old 02-25-2011, 07:36 AM   #138

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Just use these Product design in your shotgun. It is slugs - with an attitude. This way you can carry your shotgun in your RV and be legal in nearly every state of the Union.
Dang!! I'm ordering some of those!!
Old 02-25-2011, 04:25 PM   #139

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_N_Terry View Post
there are a lot of ammo choices for the judge. winchester has an unusual load for the judge. it has 3 discs and 12 bb's. it is supposed to be a home defense load. they have not published any ballistic info on it yet. i have a box but have not fired one yet.
i use the federal .410 000 4 pellet buckshot load from walmart and hornady .45lc 225gr hollow points from bi-mart in my judge for defensive purposes.
i use magtech or tenx 185 or 200 grain .45lc light recoil loads and some buckshot for target practice. the buckshot has a lot of recoil so my dw doesn't like to shoot them.

http://www.winchester.com/Products/s.../S410PDX1.aspx

http://www.federalpremium.com/produc...ot.aspx?id=848

http://www.hornady.com/store/45-Colt...EVERevolution/
Old 02-25-2011, 07:40 PM   #140

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_N_Terry View Post
the d duplex ammo is kinda pricey, $2-$3+ a round at midway.

MidwayUSA - Advanced Search

Closed Thread