Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2011, 07:03 PM   #197

Has she tried wadcutters ?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #198

hers an example perryhttp://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?71591-Open-Carry-List-for-St.-Louis-County
Old 06-21-2011, 04:59 AM   #199

Vintage RV Owners Club
I think this explains everything quite well for us:

The Arizona Department of Safety Officer pulled over automobile for a weapons check because of an NRA bumper sticker. When the officer approached the vehicle, the man behind the wheel (owner Mike Murray) handed the officer his driver's license, insurance card and concealed carry permit.

The officer took all the documents, looked them over and said, "Mr. Murray, I see you have a CCP. Do you have any weapons with you?"

The driver replied, "Yes I do. I have a 357 handgun in a hip holster, a .45 in the glove box and a .22 derringer in my boot."

The officer looked at Mike and asked, "Anything else?"

"Yes. I have a Mossberg 500 12 gauge and an AR-15 in the trunk."

The officer asked if the man was driving to or from a shooting range and the man said he wasn't, so the officer bent over and looked into the driver's face and said "Mr. Murray, you're carrying quite a few guns. May I ask what you are afraid of?"

Mike locked eyes with the officer and calmly answered, "Not a [moderator edit] thing."
Old 06-21-2011, 05:30 AM   #200

I'm sure it's been said and I have missed it as I have scanned through this thread. My personal belief is I don't really give a rats ass what the laws written by liberals have to say about my right to personal preservation in the face of danger to my family, my friends, a complete stranger, or myself.

The only thing different in my response to an immediate threat to life and limb will be the diameter of the responding barrel......depends on which is closest. Too many times we hear stories of the family victimized because of a refusal to accept the fact there are just plain bad people out there.

Respect your fellow man, respect thier right to thier beliefs, respect the weapon you carry, and be prepared to deal with those who have no respect.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:00 AM   #201

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyrenSkywolf View Post
The Arizona Department of Safety Officer pulled over automobile for a weapons check because of an NRA bumper sticker.
Exactly why I DON'T have any NRA stickers where they can be seen except on the lapels of my 511 carry vest. And NO, I don't carry in the vest, I don't trust off body carry except in the car. There I have a Judge Public Defender. Much easier to get to than my IWB .45. Just wish CT would hurry up and make a laser for that model Judge.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:03 AM   #202

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickO View Post
To my way of thinking, a situation gets out of hand as soon as someone draws a handgun.
Wrong way of thinking!!
Old 06-22-2011, 12:08 AM   #203

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Maris View Post
Many people are injured or killed each year when kids find weapons that are not locked away as they should be. Be careful out there.
According to a NY Times study you are 100 times more likely to drown in a backyard pool then die from an accidental shooting. Obviously we need more laws against swimming and swimming pools.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:13 AM   #204

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sewander View Post
Having said this I am astounded at how many people carry firearms "just in case" and I am also greatly relieved that none have been utilized. The best piece of advice is perhaps the most obvious " Be aware of your surroundings"
You have car and home insurance don't you? Do you plan on using them or do you have them "just in case"?
I've had a CPL (Concealed Pistol License in WA) for over 25 years. During that time I've only had to show I was armed once and that was in Wyoming where my license wasn't any good.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:19 AM   #205

I want a sign that says " There's nothing in this motorhome worth you dieing for"
Old 06-22-2011, 12:30 AM   #206

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul R. Haller View Post
I am amused by the responses here. Actually, if you look strictly at statistics, you are more then 6 times as likely to die from the improper use of your own hand gun by yourself or by someone living in your house then at the hand of someone else.
You obviously have been reading too much Brady Bunch propaganda!! Go read the NRA site for truthful figures.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:21 AM   #207

Vintage RV Owners Club
Actually, I could believe those numbers. Rednecks and Texans. (no offense to any decent Texans in here, I know there are a handful of good ones!)

"Hey, hold my beer and watch this!"
"I'll prove these steel toe boots are the best out there! They will stop a bullet! Here, I'll even hold it in front of my face as proof."
"This here gun ain't big enough to harm no one, see?"
Old 06-22-2011, 08:24 AM   #208
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Govt. Employes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
I assume you are commenting on my ststement as though I was refering to people who got cought when the economy went sour. I'M NOT. I am talking about all the people you and I are supporting out of our taxes. Government employees, welfare recipients, and all the deadbeats that want to tax "The wealthy" which is you and I. No matter how good or bad your financial situation is or how we are struggling to keep what we have, we are still paying taxes on everything. I think Florida just passed a bill that says that you have to take a drug test to collect welfare. I'm sure you can figure whear I stand on that little jewel.
Seeing that this thread is about guns,my comment is.............I'm keeping mine.
Sorry I twisted your tail. It wasn't meant in the vein you felt it was.
Hey Chuck,

As for Govt employees being lumped togeather with welfare recipents and dead beats! I want to say, I as a now retired Govt. employee, had to pay taxes Fed & State as well as pay into my pention & health care. I have never collected unemploment once, although I paid into it for over 30 years! Also it is those same Govt employees who held keep us safe, ie: Miitary, Law Enforcement, Fire and EMS!!! They are also those that have missed many family events and Holidays with loved ones! I am not complaining, I was more then Happy & dam proud to serve, 25 years with Sherrif's Office and also 25 Years as Vol Firefighter and 3 years as EMS! Just my 2 cents worth! And I am also keeping all of my guns !!!

Remember All: LIVE, LAUGH & ENJOY !!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #209

40% of the people I worked with at West Point did nothing at all. 30% did some work. 30% did the bulk of the work.
Your tax dollars at work????????
While I goofed off and worked easy I did more work than any 4 of my co-workers combined.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:15 AM   #210

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I worked for the state of WA for 30 years. Most worked were great and pulled their weight well. On friedn got drunk and crashed his motorcycle on the way home form the bar, suffered brain damage. BUT they kept him working till he had his 30 years in and could retire.
I'm betting a lot of people here would call that criminal, but then celebrate a private company that hired the handicapped!! No difference except in your view of the situation!!
Closed Thread