Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2012, 12:03 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wallydocking, would you?

See many of you are in mourning about the loss of the Walmart thread. I think a new thread is in order about some spirited conversation on the ins and outs of Wallydocking.

In case a few of you are not aware, Wallydocking is the fine art of Boondocking overnight only at a Walmart. After a long day of driving, it's very convenient to just pull in a Walmart, go in and buy stuff you need for supper, stretch you legs, visit the camping department, and then go ask the store manager for permission to park there.

Should we use slides? Build campfires or use our grills? Run our Gennys all night? How about awnings and patio mats? That asphalt can get pretty hot you know.

Let's try and keep it civilized so we don't get shut down.

I don't know about you, but I miss the thread. It was posted on all night long.;( :( ;(

40 FT--330HP CAT
2 SLIDES-TOAD 2012 focus
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
iRV2 No Limits Club
I try and park so my bedroom slide is over a grassy area otherwise we can't get around the bed. That also lets us have the main slide out if we want.
If I need to I run the generator and I have moved so it didn't bother others as much.
I don't put the awning out, I don't need it to get a few hours sleep.
I go in and buy some food and ask, or we hit a close by restaurant for dinner akter asking the manager at Wal*Mart if it's OK.

2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Old 11-05-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
Vintage RV Owners Club
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
See many of you are in mourning about the loss of the Walmart thread. I think a new thread is in order about some spirited conversation on the ins and outs of Wallydocking.

You do?

Well, I guess that shows US who's in charge of deciding when enough's enough!
Old 11-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
We always ask,and try to park on the out side rows if possible.Sometimes your between camp grounds and it's a good place to stop in for over night
Old 11-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Folks, after almost 6,000 posts on this topic in the last thread, there is nothing to be said that is not in the other thread.

Adios, Dirk - '84 Real Lite Truck Camper, '86 Wilderness Cimarron TT, previously 4 years as a fulltimer in a '07 DSDP

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, but millions of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Closed Thread