Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:20 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Water Bladder

I am looking for a water bladder to carry water. I have seen one at Camping World for $85 that holds 45 gallons.

1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2010, 01:12 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That is the only one I have ever seen.. (Well the only big one.. I've seen five gallons ones all over the place. Coleman markets a 5 gallon 'Bladder' I have two of those.)

Old 06-26-2010, 06:42 AM   #3

Google "water bladder" ......... a whole bunch of them pop up.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:31 PM   #4

Might try sailing sites/chandleries, different companies make them in all kinds of sizes and shapes. West Marine site would be a good start. Sailboats do a lot of rocking and rolling, so the bladder tanks are well made. Good luck with the search. Bob

RIP 'Squeaky'
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #5

The Camping World bladder is a nice heavy duty unit that comes with all accessories to connect either a male or female hose to it . It has a valve to hold the water in the bladder while transporting.

That said let me tell you about my first use of my bladder. I was at Craters of The Moon Nat'l Park. I have a large tool box behind the cab of my chevy 3500. I put the bladder on there and filled it. Back at the campsite the truck parked at a sideways angle but not too much. I connected the hose from the bladder to the drain valve of my water tank. I turned on the valves and saw all was good. I went inside for a while. I came out and checked on the progress. There were pockets of water left so I slid the bladder so the outlet was hanging a little off the truck. I went back inside. Out later to pack all the stuff up. My bladder had slid off the truck and refilled with water. Shut off the tank drain. Disconnect the hose and drain the bladder. Start all over again but TIE the bladder fast to the truck this time.
ralper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:05 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks ralper, that was the kind of information I was looking for. The Camping World description doesn't mention the hose adapters. How do they attach?
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:33 AM   #7

They just screw on like hooking up a garden hose to a hose bib. I've had and used my CW 45 gal bladder for almost 15 years. Good product.

I put mine on the roof of my F-150 p/u when I first bought the bladder. Collapsed the roof. Plus, they will fall off. Kinda like a BIG piece of jell-o sitting up there.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:16 AM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have one of the CW units. Works great. I rigged up an RV shurflo pump, clipped to my tow vehicle battery with Jump cables, and empties the 45 gallons in 30 minutes or less. Very good unit. Good luck.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:26 AM   #9

I have a 5th wheel. When I plan on boondocking I carry an empty 55 gallon plastic water drum in the rig. When I need water I put it in the bed of truck fill at nearest location and siphon into rig. Works for me. I have also used 3 of those drums to help support caretakers at sites around the Mojave Desert.

"I won't be wronged I won't be insulted I won't be layed a hand on. I don't do these things to other people. And I require the same from them." (John Bernard Books) John Wayne The Shootist his last Movie.
CorsairIIAT is offline   Reply With Quote