Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
Western massahussetts

Anyone know any spots around these parts to safely boondock ?

Rv artisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
There is a problem in all the northeast, all the land is "owned". There is very little park and federally owned land outside of New York (don't go there with or without a gun) and Maine. I used to do a lot of camping before I left the area. There were places I could drag a bicycle into the woods and tent camp, but even that was tense at times. I hope someone comes along with good ideas, because mine would be leave MA.

A lifelong waterman and his bride going dry places for as long as the fuel money lasts.
MattC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #3
This wasnt the plan.I need to be around as my mother is living her last days.Im heading west when it happens and .not western ma,Az,CO,CA,WA,OR and beyond.now I need to hang out here,an hour away from Boston.i hit a few walmarts for the nite and 2 campgrounds to see if everything works.Not worth the money but not bad places.Must be somewhere to hang.Anybody?
Rv artisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
Monaco Owners Club
An hour away from Boston? Sounds like Worcester County to me. There is the Pilot in Sturbridge. There is also the Sturbridge Mobil Station on old US-15 next to the Sbarro's and Roy Rogers. Just ask first. Not usually a problem unless the local cops are enforcing the no overnight parking ban. They usually don't unless there is a problem.

btw, they do enforce the overnight parking ban at the Sturbridge Walmart.
Craig & Donna
2005 Beaver Monterey Laguna IV (aka The Hotel Monterey)
2011 Jeep Liberty Limited
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:41 AM   #5
Check with the local hospitals. Although they're not publicizing it they will usually allow you to park a night or two in their lot.

A friend did this after a family member had a bad car wreck, the staff even let him shower in the hospital.
Ted 'n' Laurie, plus Jackson (aka Deputy Dog, the Parson Russell Terrier 'fur kid') and, Rylie (who crossed the Rainbow Bridge June 14, 2012).
Murf2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:49 AM   #6
Thor Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
The Appalachian Trail goes through western MA. There are a few places where people park to access the trail. Some that come to mind include S. Egremont, Cheshire and North Adams. People leave cars there overnight to hike the trail. If there is enough room for a large RV I don't see why you cant park at some of these places.
2006 Four Winds Majestic 23A
mikebreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
Winnebago Owners Club
Normandy Farms Campground is in Foxboro MA with access to Commuter Rail into Boston if needed. http://www.normandyfarms.com/rates.htm . Also Circle CG Campground in Bellingham MA with Commuter Rail as well. Both are along RT 495 . http://circlecgfarm.com/ . I'm about 15 minutes from both of them & stayed at Circle CG last weekend on my shakedown cruise.

Joe & Kathy
2000 Winnebago Adventurer 32V Workhorse Chassis
joemcgin is offline   Reply With Quote