Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-07-2010, 12:41 PM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I also use google earth when going to a new location, especially if I can not locate info about ins/outs, roads, etc....

Have not had a problem after doing homework.

Good Luck.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2010, 12:57 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Pay to look at a book on free camping to see if you would like to purchase the book.

Then pay for the book and shipping and handling.

Upon arrival at the stated free camping site, you must first pay and get a window sticker that confirms this is the correct and approved free camping site.

Keep in ming of course, this is all beneficial to you as you enjoy your free camping site.

Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:54 PM   #17

Vintage RV Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Ryegal
I think what a lot of new rvers looking into boondocking is where can't you park? I think that also depends on what size your rv is. I have parked at the edge of towns. or in industrial area. of course this is for just over night. But can you park off road places? I have a small rv so it is easy for me. I never get out of my mh after dark, or answer the the door.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryegal View Post
I think what a lot of new rvers looking into boondocking is where can't you park? I think that also depends on what size your rv is. I have parked at the edge of towns. or in industrial area. of course this is for just over night. But can you park off road places? I have a small rv so it is easy for me. I never get out of my mh after dark, or answer the the door.
this free website has walmart info as well as other info. it states which walmarts you can and cannot park overnight in. this website is updated continuously by the rv users. i send my updates to them by email, as there is no link on the website at this time.
some walmarts welcome rv'ers while due to experience or local ordinances other do not. most have a 24 hour security patrol. i always ask security or store management if it ok to park there overnight. i always thank the store manager for their hospitality before leaving.
the wally world in n. bakersfield (rosedale) imho is an exceptionally good place to park with 24 hour security. we were there a week ago. the manager there told me that he has no problem with rv's parking for a week or longer as long as they don't ''set up a campsite''. he stated that many leave their rv at wally world and explore the area in their toad and that was fine with him. the website says that someone was denied parking there in april, but others have parked there since.
this wally world is not a 24 hour ''super center'' and has limited groceries. they have a full service mcdonalds that opens for breakfast at 0700.

Walmart Store Locations Map - Wal-Mart Guide
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:18 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by new rver View Post
i know nobody likes to give up there spot. how do u find out were u can stay in what state. any info would be nice. were new at rven and love it were heading to main then FL for winter and god will'ing alaska in june 2011.
thanks bob,linda & missy

Here is a helpful site for western states

Public Lands Information Center
Old 11-08-2010, 06:49 PM   #20

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Howdy,
Check with 'the Old Boondocker' Bob Difley.. He knows places that ain't there
and has probably been there.. Of course he sells stuff, also!!! Just like the old
song 'I've been everywhere' , he's dunit...