Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Boondocking
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
Mez

Where do you get tanks cleared out at?

So I am getting a TT this upcoming spring and as of now we are hoping to stay at my In-Laws over the 4th of July weekend. They have a large back yard where we can set up and even connect electrically, and even get water. The grey water would be no big deal since it can just drain in the yard, seeings that it won't be much to begin with. However having only one bathroom at their camp and several families, I know the bathroom will be used in our TT as well for all the families. Since this is an actual camp and not a campground, I guess I am curious as to where do people go to have the tank drained out after boon docking?

Thanks
Mez is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2013, 07:50 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
A local campground might let you dump for a fee, flying "J" truck stops if one near you for a fee.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:02 AM   #3

I pumped my tanks into my septic system at home. I have used a Sanicon Tank Buddy twice. Now for sale in the classified area here.

Nice that I didn't have to rush while others are waiting in line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mez View Post
So I am getting a TT this upcoming spring and as of now we are hoping to stay at my In-Laws over the 4th of July weekend. They have a large back yard where we can set up and even connect electrically, and even get water. The grey water would be no big deal since it can just drain in the yard, seeings that it won't be much to begin with. However having only one bathroom at their camp and several families, I know the bathroom will be used in our TT as well for all the families. Since this is an actual camp and not a campground, I guess I am curious as to where do people go to have the tank drained out after boon docking?

Thanks
Us3Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #4

Sounds like you are new to the RV/TT world and welcome to the forum. Many state and county campgrounds allow dumping for a fee Most all KOAs do the same. Flying J along the highway do also as mentioned. Just get a good RV camping guide and find a place near the camp that has a dump station when you leave. Make sure you put 3 to 5 gallons of water in the black tank before you use it and have lots of water in it when you dump so everything flows out good. Use LOTS of water to flush it out a second or third time to clean everything out. Even though I have a flush kit on mine I usually wind up running my flush water hose inside to my toilet and flush the tank from the top. I have an older TT and this works for me. I get everything out that way.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:19 AM   #5

Some ideas come to mind:
1. A nearby RV Sales/Repair facility may have a dump station.
2. If the home has a septic sewer system, more than likely the clean out is in the back yard between the home and the septic tank, maybe you could camp close to it and hook up.
3. You could invest in a Tote, which is a portable holding tank that you would dump into, then lug it to either a dump station or the home's sewer clean out. (may not be legal if the home is city sewer)
4. Invest in an RV Sani-Con system, which is an electric pump that you connect to the RV that macerates the waste and sends it though a garden size hose to the home's sewer clean out.

When shopping for your TT, be sure and enquire about the size of black tank. 40 gal fills quick, 60 gal or larger is your best bet. Most toy haulers have in the neighborhood of 100 gal size tanks. Best of Luck
RVluvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:28 AM   #6

Where is the sewer clean out located at their house? If you can get your unit close, use it.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #7
Mez

Wow!! Thanks all for the great feedback! I def will have to look for something local campground wise. I may even consider staying there instead and just hand out at the In-Laws outside of sleeping. However it would be neat to learn the boon docking part of it as well.
Mez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #8

Just a comment some TT don't have much of a black tank keep a close eye on your tank levels. especially if the rest of the party doesn't have much experience with water conservation.

John
johnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #9

If you have an android phone, download the free app, Sanidump. It will show you the nearest dump stations.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
MEZ,

Welcome | rvdumps.com

Sanidumps: United States of America RV Dump Stations

some hiway rest stops- see state website.
some municipal sewage treatment plants.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #11

Then there's the cousin Eddie solution!

Old 11-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #12
Community Moderator

by the way, the fee for dumping is about $10, rewater is coined, at the most locations.
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank