Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Military / Veteran RVing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-20-2017, 11:43 AM   #43

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot_1 View Post
Thanks for coming back Chief. My only exception was the bit about contacting vets last employer regarding his physical/mental employability status. Never heard of that ever happening and certainly didn't in my case. VA doc's made that decision without any civilian input.

Compensation Individual Unemployability: https://www.benefits.va.gov/compensa...loyability.asp

Dropping IU is safe for now...it seems. But its always up for modifying during congressional budget reviews. The recommendation was for dropping 208,000 IU seriously disabled veterans age 62 or older. This money would be used to fund the NEW Choice program. Which to my thinking will be the start of taking VA to the private sector. But thats just me...so far. Don't under estimate what could happen with SS & VA benefits as the senior voting block gets smaller in the future.

https://militaryadvantage.military.c...u-pay-cut-too/

“It’s not readily apparent that the VA has said for sure it’s going to drop that [IU] proposal,” Blake told the committee after Shulkin testified. “It sounds like the secretary is willing to discuss it further and see where this goes from here.”
Every case is different that is why a Veteran should always contact the VA to get the correct info. We may have stumbled onto why everyone is confused and posting different information. In my case the VA has sent a VA Form 21-4192 to my previous employer which I Left in 2011. I know this because my previous employer called me and asked about it. I have not been rated at 100% by any VA doctor. When my rating changed it qualified me to apply for the IU. This also happened in 2005 when my rating changed. I applied for IU when my location was closed due to BRAC then found a job at another DoD location.
I actually received my IU application at my new location. I returned the application stating I was gainfully employed. That was weird.
flywithcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2017, 05:49 PM   #44

Be careful of the Choice program. It isn’t as good or easy as it seems.
Murphsfromaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 07:05 PM   #45

Tiffin Owners Club
Originally was a PR eyewash news op to water down the Phoenix Veterans Affairs Health Care system, many of whom died while placed on a secret waiting list.
VA sent everyone a slick plastic card, but you had to call a contract # to get approval. Never knew anyone that got approval on first attempt. Took over a year before they started granting vets to get outside care on the Choice Program. Which to date, many have used and like. Now it may sink the VA as we know it. As pointed out else where, may take VA to the private sector. Which may not be a bad thing...who knows.
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:42 AM   #46

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tried the choice program once. didn't work.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:10 AM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I did the choice program once for a really bad shoulder injury - required extensive surgery, 75% rotator cuff tear and bicep tendon tranplant. Done by the doctor of my choice - worked great - I think it is a matter of whether the nearest, capable, VA medical center has the expertise and the time.

2014 Tiffin Allegro 36LA
phil-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:04 AM   #48

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
My final physical concerning my request for disability upgrade went well. The C & P Doctor uses a set of questions that are designed for your particular disability. In all truthfulness I answered all the questions and was physically examined. Doctor said there was no reason NOT to increase my disability. Now waiting on the administrative division to make a determination and use their "Math" to come up with a final rating.

VA Math: I have 160% disability If service connected disabilities were combined by normal math. Some how the VA totals that up to 90%.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:06 AM   #49

Tiffin Owners Club
Coop,
Sent you an email. Your movin along pretty fast. Thats good !
Old 11-01-2017, 06:55 AM   #50

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well had my physical on Oct 25 and am waiting for results. Am hoping that physical will get me 100%. As far as my request for individual employability my former DoD supervisor refuses to sign the form. Went all the way to Headquarters Human Resources and got zero results.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:25 PM   #51

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good luck - you shoould have a decision soon. Both of my requests for increased ratings were decided within two weeks of the C & P's documentation.

2014 Tiffin Allegro 36LA
phil-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:02 PM   #52

Tiffin Owners Club
VA Compensation

I have worked for a group of Veteran civilian Doctors for a bout three years between RV travels. When the evidence exist they provide the veteran with the medical link to service connected conditions and secondary conditions. If in need google VBAT or Veterans Benefits Assistance Team. We do not preform claims management or counseling. We deal strictly with medical evidence. I personally spent 30+ yrs in Naval Service retired in 2009. Filed prior to retirement, went thorough original claim, appeals where I was rated fairly, 100% temporary for issues the military treated me for over the last 12yrs of active service. 2 weeks ago out the blue the P&T letter showed up (8yrs). Ebenefits is a wealth of information as is the VA website and if all else fails google. I would caution, a lot of MIS-INFORMATION is out there also be careful of the source. You can PM me for more information.
glen-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 06:45 AM   #53

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by glen-bob View Post
I have worked for a group of Veteran civilian Doctors for a bout three years between RV travels. When the evidence exist they provide the veteran with the medical link to service connected conditions and secondary conditions. If in need google VBAT or Veterans Benefits Assistance Team. We do not preform claims management or counseling. We deal strictly with medical evidence. I personally spent 30+ yrs in Naval Service retired in 2009. Filed prior to retirement, went thorough original claim, appeals where I was rated fairly, 100% temporary for issues the military treated me for over the last 12yrs of active service. 2 weeks ago out the blue the P&T letter showed up (8yrs). Ebenefits is a wealth of information as is the VA website and if all else fails google. I would caution, a lot of MIS-INFORMATION is out there also be careful of the source. You can PM me for more information.
Sir, Nothing shows up on google for VBAT or Veterans Benefits Assistance Team.
Edit: Okay I found it. eBenefits VA. Do your doc buddies charge the vet for their services ?
Old 11-11-2017, 07:36 AM   #54

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
ebenefits.va.gov is what I used to apply for updated/upgraded disability rating. It is very fast compared to the paper trail application. It actually saves the VA a little money as they don't have to give you a huge back pay check if the claim is approved quickly.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:11 AM   #55

Tiffin Owners Club
Coop,
The DAV also efile's and will represent vet at hearing. Even had a DAV service officer with me at SSI hearing. Was in the 70's so don't know if they will still do that. Been a Life Member since TDRL in 79. Do have to give them a Power of Attorney.

http://www.ihelpveterans.org/pledge?...e&s_src=email3
Old 11-12-2017, 06:13 AM   #56

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot_1 View Post
Coop,
The DAV also efile's and will represent vet at hearing. Even had a DAV service officer with me at SSI hearing. Was in the 70's so don't know if they will still do that. Been a Life Member since TDRL in 79. Do have to give them a Power of Attorney.

DAV - Take the Pledge to Help Veterans
Thanks for the info. There are several organizations that will help a veteran file a claim. I am a lifetime member of DAV. Saw the DAV rep here in central Ohio and he never mentioned electronic filing just wanted to tell me war stories. When I first filed back in '92 the VietVet rep was seldom in the office. When he was in the office there was a huge waiting line. I went with AmVets just because he was there all the time and was very satisfied with the assistance. Guess it all depends on the local rep. REMEMBER this was my personal experience not to be used for finding a local Veterans Organization for assistance. They all provide a free knowledgeable service.

Tags
disability