Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Military / Veteran RVing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:06 PM   #1

Appalachian Campers
Camping with friends

My friends go camping with us several times a year in their class c,,I am qualified to camp on military cgs,,but am I allowed to sponsor friends who have their own rv? Thanks for the replys,,,,,,
Spudwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2010, 08:50 PM   #2

I hope this site anwers your question.

I've received many inquires asking "... am I allowed to use US Military Campgrounds?" These are usually from veterans who served a few years and have an honorable discharge. Sometimes it's from a retired civil service employee who worked for the Army, Navy, or USAF for 30+ years. And some of the inquires are from veterans who are 100% disabled. There's also been a lot of discussion on the various news groups about the 100% DAV authorized use issue. I attempted to do a little research and clear all of these issues up. The following are my findings.
In a nut shell, 100%DAV is authorized at all US Military Campgrounds. Being an honorably discharged vet is not authorized, unless there is another circumstance that does authorize the veteran (retired, 100%DAV, etc).
As with many issues when dealing with the government and the military, you're bound to get a variety of answers. I discovered the lists of authorized users that's published by the various military campgrounds greatly vary, are not the final word, are interpreted differently by campground employees, and most importantly, are not complete. Each military campground is (somewhat) independently ran and seems to establish their own list of authorized users. The Installation Commander usually has the final approval of who they allow to use "their" campground. If you can get past all of the personal opinions, the list of authorized users is actually regulated. Each of the military branches have a regulation listing who is an authorized user of MWR activities, which includes Outdoor Recreation facilities.
The Department of Defense has established DOD Instruction 1015.10, dated 31 Oct 96. Enclosure 3 details Authorized Patronage of Military MWR Programs. While all services frollow this Instruction, they've also written their own to cover seperate regulations.
Below is a copy of DOD Instruction 1015.10, Enclosure 3.2.1, which lists Unlimited use of MWR PRograms:

Below is a copy of DOD Instruction 1015.10, Enclosure 3.2.2, which lists Limited use of MWR PRograms:
koda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:25 AM   #3

Appalachian Campers
That is good information,,,Thanks
Spudwrench is offline   Reply With Quote