Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Military / Veteran RVing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:21 AM   #1

Dental and Vision coverage for retirees and active duty

If you desire coverage for 2019 or presently have coverage, YOU MUST re-enroll between Nov 12 and Dec 10 2018.
Present coverage DOES NOT carry over to 2019:https://tricare.benefeds.com/InfoPor...EN10402_button
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2018, 11:06 AM   #2

Good Info...........thanks for posting!

One of 'those' items that can slip by and go unnoticed UNTIL one tries to use it.
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 08:07 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Good Info...........thanks for posting!

One of 'those' items that can slip by and go unnoticed UNTIL one tries to use it.
Yep, and as presently structured, you wouldn't be able to sign up for the new program until 2019's open season. This is extremely important information for retirees.
USMCRET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 01:44 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I have full dental with VA. So to get my spouse covered on a FEDVIP dental plan, its my understanding I have to take it as well. Can someone confirm that here if that is in fact the case. Thanks
skypilot_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 02:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot_1 View Post
I have full dental with VA. So to get my spouse covered on a FEDVIP dental plan, its my understanding I have to take it as well. Can someone confirm that here if that is in fact the case. Thanks
I can't say for certain, but that is my understanding also, since the retired military member is the sponsor. That would be an excellent question for the upcoming webinar Nov 14 or 15, I received conflicting dates in emails.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Old 11-03-2018, 08:04 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I can take a FEDVIP dental plan as "me + one" with no waiting period as have VA dental. Now the "plus one" (spouse) has not been on a dental plan. So if she gets her own private plan (nun-TC) she has a waiting period. So may be advantageou$ to take the FEDVIP for two as she needs some pricy dental work soon..ie Crowns/root canals.
Still checkin.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:46 PM   #7

VA Dental

Quote:
Hi,
I'm retired USAF with
VA disability. However I have not seen or heard aboutVA dental. How can I find out more info
rraviation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:15 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rraviation View Post
Hi,
I'm retired USAF with
VA disability. However I have not seen or heard aboutVA dental. How can I find out more info
100% SC or close. And I did get the answer to my question. If sponsor covered by VA dental, spouse is eligible for FEDVIP on her own and no waiting period. She has already enrolled today.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:14 PM   #9

Signing up for your selected plan is better done on the benefeds website. I phoned this afternoon, was on hold for 37 minutes, when a man got on the line he was knowledgeable and efficient in answering all my questions.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:32 PM   #10

Jayco Owners Club
I used the Benefeds website to sign up for a new 2019 Dental Plan. Quite a few questions to answer so they could "pegme" properly. The acronyms in the questions were a bit confusing,but I muddled though it. I was quite pleased that there is NO waiting period since I had Delta Dental of CA in 2018. Even better was the automatic payments will be taken from my retirement pay without any manipulation on my part. (Well, I guess gov'ment is quick to spend my money for me!)
nfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 06:40 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
That is not the case I too am signed up with VA for for dental and I just reenrolled my wife on the new Fed VIP dental about a week and a half ago you need to go at the Fed VIP website and that’s where you do it
Bill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:48 AM   #12

Some day the 'world' of Healthcare will hopefully include Dental & Vision Care into the whole healthcare concept.

Never understood how Dental/Vision got carved out of healthcare to be stand alone issues....Both play an important part in ones overall health and can have a huge negative affect on ones health

Actually I do understand/comprehend why-----$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Not just VA...it's the same across the spectrum of Healthcare

Rant off.
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Some day the 'world' of Healthcare will hopefully include Dental & Vision Care into the whole healthcare concept.

Never understood how Dental/Vision got carved out of healthcare to be stand alone issues....Both play an important part in ones overall health and can have a huge negative affect on ones health

Actually I do understand/comprehend why-----$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Not just VA...it's the same across the spectrum of Healthcare

Rant off.
I totally agree! Bad teeth can cause many subsequent ailments and infections; yet insurance companies tout preventative medicine as one of their accomplishments.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:18 PM   #14

I have seen 2 cases where a lady was going to have a "minor" almost brain surgery for trigeminal neuralgia, turned out she needed a root canal, extreme pain for over 2 years. Another dx with chronic bronchitis and she was cured by having her periodontal disease treated.
Many people can't afford it, and look what harm is wreaked on their bodies by bad teeth. I will never understand our health care.

From what I know about it, the VA has awesome eye care and pretty poor dental care.
nancybninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover