Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Military / Veteran RVing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:35 AM   #29

Have you ever written a post you wish you could take back? When I was reading this thread, I went into a place that should not be shared in a setting like this. I wish I hadn't said what I said.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2011, 08:01 AM   #30

ajlcal, those of us who maintain those places u dont want to share with others, KNOW what you mean and accept it as life. Thats the only way to live with or in it. Take care.

Old 08-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #31

AJICAL, Be proud of your accomplishments and where you are today. Life goes on.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:02 PM   #32

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to MegaRoadie
AJLcal... ya can usually "take back" a post by using the edit button when ya send it go back and read and you can edit...

My wish is that I coud do a 'Do Over" on many of the things I was involved in from 68 thru late 74... but alas, a higher being is in charge there. 21 years Active Duty, 24 years now of retirement and too many nights things dont work at all or hurt so bad I wish they didn't exist or had not been sewn back or grafted or replaced back then; again that higher being made that decission and I will be here until I have done enough good to compensate for the bad. The awful dreams go along for the ride, the aches and pains remind me everyday that I have a lot of good things left on my ""Honey Do List", and when I start to feel all full of myself and big-headed I go to the VA, sit and watch and suddenly I feel better and I know "WHY" we did what we did and for who !

Tomorrow my son retires after 22 1/2 years USAF, a lot of the same physical ailments, and he saw 12 tours in the desert, all 3 wars, the Tsunami Relief Airlifts for Ban D Asea and a lot of SE Asia and I cant wait to see them resent him his Presidential Citation at the ceremony !

That and soooooooooo many other things make it all worth while.

As I have seen and said before and it's even on many of my flags... All Gave Some; Some Gave All and we alll owe them everything we have !

Be safe out there, enjoy the Open Roads, Thank a Veteran for our Grea Freedoms!
Old 08-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #33

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rray32539 View Post
To hear the doctors, the military personnel folks, my wife, the VA bureaucracy, ALL say I deserve my 100 percent disability rating. So I get it.

But there are days when I am feeling better than normal, that I have to ask myself the question, do I deserve it?
Since I was not in the military (not by my choice) I am more.. Well I guess "informed" or "observant" might be the best terms. on issues surrounding handicapped parking permits/plates.

I find there are two types of people who have these and it is easy to tell them apart.

At one time I qualifed.. And had a permit.. If I was feeling good and felt I could walk the walk.. I stuffed the permit in the door pocket and walked the walk.

If I was barley able to move. I hung it on the mirror where it goes when in use.

Or if I wah hauling my M-I-L I'd use hers (She needed one)

My wife, however, would use her mother's even though She did not personally need it (She kept her mother's in her car while I had my own)

What I observed is this: Those who truly need it, will hide the permit and not use it when they are "Feeling good" same as you.. Those who are milking the benefit, will always use it. No matter.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
The injury I received was one that appearently you should only get if jumping out of an airplane without a parachute. Problem is no plane around so that lets that out. No one knows how or why it happened all they know is it happened. It happened when I was 23. Told at that point that I would end up in a wheelchair sooner or later. Here I am now 44 and not there yet. At times thou going into stores my husband will get me on the of the stores so that I could at least move around inside. I finally after many years of him telling me to get one got the placard. Happened to mention to the doc that I finally might have a job working with the census and she point blank said no more work. She said it was not worth her license or her job to ok me to work. Now it's in my file. I know I am getting slower and hurting more but don't want to really admit but I guess now I have to. Do I look like I am "disabled"? Not if you just see me but those that bother to ask what makes me that way and I tell them even half of whats wrong well then their attitude changes. The docs are surprised I am still even walking as much as I am. I tell them that I am to darn stubbern to stop, lol.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefJohn View Post
Watch your backs veterans -- this article Thorny issue: Vets' disability, fairness appeared in the St Louis Post Dispatch. Some folks are looking for a 'cause' to further their own personal agendas during these tough economic times. Why not go after those Vietnam era veterans!!
I was just diagnosed with PTSD some 40 years after Vietnam I was there in 70 to 71 as a combat engineer.

I read this article last year. That is how I knew to pester and am still pestering my older brother about PTSD. He never made it to Vietnam, but he was jumped by 7 guys in Okinawa(on base) and was hospitalized. He has all the signs.

« Hanoi Jane | C-130 »