Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Military / Veteran RVing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-21-2006, 03:43 AM   #1

We are going down to Ft. Jackson this weekend for a graduation. We will be camping there. I called (thanks guys for the tip on the book, it has been awesome) and they do not take ressies, but gave me the codes that I need to get in and to the bathroom since I am arriving after 6pm. They said that the partial hookups rarely fill up. (another plus for a popup) She seemed very friendly and helpful. I will post my reviews when I return.

mamaloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2006, 03:43 AM   #2

We are going down to Ft. Jackson this weekend for a graduation. We will be camping there. I called (thanks guys for the tip on the book, it has been awesome) and they do not take ressies, but gave me the codes that I need to get in and to the bathroom since I am arriving after 6pm. They said that the partial hookups rarely fill up. (another plus for a popup) She seemed very friendly and helpful. I will post my reviews when I return.

Old 09-24-2006, 05:36 AM   #3

OK, I am back. I would highly recommend this famcamp to others. The lake is gorgeous and you can rent boats and life jackets. There is swimming in the summer.

The sites themselves are basic, but adequate. We had no problems with our connections. The pad is paved, but small, although some are bigger than others. It is quiet and peaceful.

There is a bathhouse with a mens side a a ladies side. Each has two showers and two stalls. They are clean and well kept. I did have a run in with a huge spider our first morning though. Only prob with the bathhouse was after a huge group of tenters showed up. They had about 10-15 tents and a couple of huge garage size canopies in the group camping area. The bathhouse ran out of toilet paper and the floor was left muddy. Can't really blame the tenters because there was no toilet paper to replace the empty rolls with, and no broom or anything to sweep out the bathhouse with. We checked out that day, so can't say how long it took to have it cleaned.

We will definitely go back again. Just a note that they told me they were closing on Oct 1 for refurbishment. They will be redoing and improving the entire campground. Sites may or may not be available, so I would call and check before popping in. They plan to reopen around Mar 1.

Oh, one tip though. We arrived late (long story) and the road is very dark. It is exit 9 off of I-77. The book says it is 9.1 miles down the road. It is EXACTLY 9.1 miles down the road. There is a huge sign, but is is not visible at night. Use your brights and slow down when you get to 8.5 miles down. You notice it at the last minute. When you enter go down and when the road forks, go to the left and stay straight like you are going to the boat launch. When you see the warning sign about the boat launch, you will go to your right shortly after that. It is very dark, so have flashlights for backing in.