Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Military / Veteran RVing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:12 AM   #15
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Any replies I make will just start a shouting contest, so other than this I will not reply anymore to your posts on this thread.

Thank you for your service.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2011, 05:04 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billieg View Post
I don't need a wall to remember and I know no one else who fought does either. ...
Billieg, with all due respect to a fellow vet like yourself, it's not a good idea to make a statement like this. You're assuming that all vets think like you do. The truth is that we all have had different combat experiences and carry the trauma of those experiences in a different way. We also come home and develop different views of War and politics in general. For example, I posted something in another thread and someone accused me of insulting disabled vets. That person obviously didn't know that I am a 100% Total and Permanent disabled Vet. I know from years of group therapy with fellow vets that what I said was not an insult. In his mind, however, he saw it differently. Try to keep an open mind and be aware that not everyone sees the world as you do.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:37 PM   #17

It will be a real shame if this thread goes dead because a few vets disagree on a couple of issues. It's about the video in the op, not about differences in opinion.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:12 PM   #18

Freightliner Owners Club
All I have to say is I dont want Viet Nam forgot,less we go back to treating our Vets as we where treated and I think those of you who served in what ever way you did.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:21 PM   #19

Freightliner Owners Club
Get a gripe people not one of you so far has said negitive things about Viet Nam vets we all served in some way while over there On land by sea and air and all remember some way or another and I dont want to forget and i have never seen the wall and if I,m near i would,but dont need too,but there is one thing we all need to do when we know a Vet shake is hand and Thank him or Her!!
Old 09-23-2011, 04:25 PM   #20

There are posts here that show the impact or the cost of that war. I made it to the wall, and I CANNOT watch that video for more than 1 min. I do not think I want to go back to the wall. I never knew so many tears before the war and after the war. Things that I would laugh at before , now bring heart aches.

Memories are what make humans, good, bad or indifferent. Combat is what makes strange bedfellows.

How each of us handle our problems are different from every other one.

I like others, am a disabled vet from Nam. Like others, I was , IMO, mistreated upon my return to the states, by being pissed on while carried on my stretcher.

I hold no bad feelings to those that did the deed, as Im sure by now , they are the ones that dread their acts.

The very last thing we need is dissention amoung us vets.

It has taken me quite a while to accept life as I have viewed it and lived it . We never get the chance to go back and change what we did or the choices we made, so lets all make the best of what we have left.

Thank the Lord, I am not one of those names on the wall or the ones who should have made the list after returning.

I pray each night for the vets and the ones that do not make combat. I visit the troops in the va weekly and marvel at their reserve.

God sure make a complicated thing when he made man.